Chapter 37

BRIAR'S POV

The next morning was the most irritating morning of my life. I wanted to sleep but Aron called and asked me to get ready. Ugh. I stood in front of the mirror checking myself. My eyes looked dull probably because of the weakness. Even if it wasn't because of the weakness anymore I don't really mind not having the happiest looking eyes. I've not been very happy in this life.

Aron and I ate together last night. It was very silent but it's always a good kind of silence with him. The only odd thing happening was that we were both thinking about the same human who followed us here. And no one of us wanted to bring him up. Later he went back making sure I locked my door and there was no one in the corridor. Both of us knew that there was no harm I could possibly get but my heart wasn't healed enough to see Cayden again.

If it was in my hand I wouldn't even have let him live in the same place as me.

I walked out of the bathroom to wear clothes which I kept on the bed. Ugh. I don't want to go this early. It's just seven. Wearing dark blue blouse with white pants I thought of calling Aron. Why isn't he here? Dialing his number I walked near towards the mirror for applying a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara.

" Yeah I'm just walking towards your room. " his voice filled the silence in my room as I put the call on speaker. I answered him with an 'okay' and completed my task. I applied a little bit of dark pink than my usual on my lips. It went with the dress. I looked better. By the time I was done I heard his knock. Walking towards the door I opened the door to reveal his handsome face with tired eyes. He should probably rest.

" Ready? " he asked smiling slightly.

" Yeah. Where are the documents?" I asked him returning his smile while moving out.

" I have them all. Let's just get this over this." he said while rubbing his temples. He really needs to rest. He had to do almost all the work because of delay and also because of me being 'ill' most of the time. I don't even know how to thank him now. He's my boss and here he's doing the work which I have to do. I owe him bigtime.

We reached the meeting room which I must say was really huge. Many people gathered one by one and one of them was Cayden as well. He walked with some tall guy who seemed to be his secretary. I could feel his eyes on me but I refused to look at him. What even?

Aron was introducing about our company's collaborations and profits. Everyone seemed pretty impressed with our work but with Cayden, everyone had another behavior. It was a total cold atmosphere. When he spoke, he made sure of what he was saying is the most right thing. No one had questions or queries at all. Everyone just had an impressed look in which most females seemed very excited. Only I was the one who didn't give a shit and wanted to be out of here as soon as possible.

The whole day went in attending different meetings with Aron and in most of them Cayden accompanied us. I never felt this much irritated in my whole life before. I always controlled everything. Today I couldn't stop him from watching me every time I sat in the same room as him. God only knows how I wished to go over and slap his face. It just didn't feel right to let him watch me. There was something in his expressions. Like he was satisfied finding me in front of him. Oh, how I wish to walk over towards him and grab his soft hair and drag him around this whole place. I wish I could slap him for every pain I go through when I remember what he did with me. For every pain, I go through when I think about my unborn child.

He made me weak. He made me crave for attention. For love.

It hurts. I can't hide it anymore. I know I'm strong enough to hide it just fine. But will this be my condition forever? Will I have to just act the whole of my life? Why can't I smile like others do? Why can't I live like he lives? Like everyone does?

Pushing the thoughts out of my head I clapped for the last presentation which Aron just finished. Yes! It's over. I wouldn't have to care about acting over powerful and satisfied anymore. We were just heading out of the room when-

" Briar" I heard him call me. I knew something will go wrong. How there won't be anything wrong? It's me Briar who's not a very lucky human with blessed happiness and complete life. Aron was standing beside me and with me even he stilled. We both turned together to face Cayden who had a scowl on his face.

" I called Briar." he said eyeing Aron irritated. Aron who wasn't bothered at all faced me.

" I will arrange the flights. You take your time. If you don't like this just call me ...okay?" what's with him? He's just going? What even? He knowingly smiled while moving towards me and cupping my face in his hands. I couldn't understand this. When he was close he whispered lightly telling me to hear Cayden out in a very strange painful voice. Why should I even do that? Before I could ask him, he left. Left me with the only person I never wanted to see, talk, touch, hear and what not.

I could feel his presence. He wasn't far away. He was right there in front of me. How I wished I could just run. I didn't look at him. I don't want to. I can't.

 he was silent for something like a whole five minutes if you ask me. Wasn't he the one who stopped me? Why isn't he barking his shit out? Tired I looked over at him. And that's what I realized why he wasn't speaking. He was watching me. Watching me like he was in pain. Like he regretted. Our eyes locked.

For just a moment I wanted to stand there and look into his blue eyes. They had so much sincerity that anyone could be fooled. Not me of course.

" How are you?" he asked painfully. Why the show asshole. Quit it already. I smiled the best fake smile I could put up and he knew it.

" Amazing. Yes, now that I'm away from you... I really am feeling blessed. Thanks a lot." I said keeping up with my fake smile. He stared at me. Not with any shock, irritation or anything else but with a slightly painful smile. It was a genuine one... I guess.

" Why didn't you go back to the twins?" he asked.

Because I'm pregnant with your child you bastard and I love this child more than my life to risk him in an atmosphere like that. I miss the twins. I wish I was rich enough to put up a spy on them so I could know how they are. Even mom.

" What you want Cayden?" I asked signing and seeing directly in his blue orbs.

" What you want Briar? " he asked me back. I missed him calling me like that. Now, what do I say I want? 

Well.

I want you out of my sight. Away from me. I want you to take all unknown cravings away whenever I see you. I want you to never know about my pregnancy. I even want you to apologize to me.

Or maybe...

 I want you back. I want you to love me. I want you to love this child. I want you to hold me when I get nightmares. I want you to stop hurting me in my dreams. So many things I want. And the thought of not getting anything hurts me more.

Instead of answering, I said the most unexpected thing.

" I'm hungry." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THERE YOU GO WITH ONE MORE OF A NOT SO BIG CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

DO VOTE AND COMMENT. 

~rashke