chapter- 9

BRIAR'S POV

AFTER FOUR DAYS.

Staying here without doing anything but watching TV and cooking is not so good if you ask me. I really wish I had some other work to do. Cayden is fun but that's when he has no work to do. Most of the time he is working on his laptop. When he is free we watch movies together. I don't know why I'm staying here till now but I don't have any other option. I can't even have my phone that is I don't know where, and my car is not even seen anywhere. I tried asking Cayden that when will he come to know that I am no spy. The way he treats me it's obvious he doesn't count me as any threat to his work. 

Maybe I can ask him today. He will have to answer me now.

Walking out of my room I made my way towards the kitchen. It's been four days and I'm the one who makes breakfast. I mostly eat lunch alone as Cayden goes to work in his office which seems away from here. Something I noticed over here is that this place is packed with security. Yes, each and every corner is surrounded by securities except in the penthouse I am living in.

I started to make the batter for pancakes. It's fun to be in a kitchen like this one. I don't know if I will ever be getting an experience to cook anywhere this good. So let's take full advantage of this place.

 I wish I could talk to the twins. I still remember their sad faces. Wishing I can go as soon as it's possible to home is something I do every day.

Cayden came into the kitchen and passed me a smile with a grateful look on his face as he sees the pancakes which I just kept on the table. I took my seat as well. He started to eat and I couldn't stop myself from smiling on the way he eats. He can eat anything anytime. Lifting his eyes from the plate he was eating in, he looked directly at me.

" am I that amusing? " he asked raising an eyebrow.

 " didn't anyone tell you before that you shouldn't be eating this fast ?" I question back. There was something I couldn't figure out in his eyes that told a really weird story. I saw that many times but never questioned.

 " no I was not taught many things or experience many things I wish I had." he said in a very strong tone. Weird. Nodding my head I started to eat my own pancakes. I don't know how to answer to what he said because I even didn't get to experience many things I wished I had. I am empty or have become empty in all these years. Life is weird but we have to cooperate with it. I don't know what problems he is having but I wish I could help him in any way possible.

Remembering what I had to ask him earlier I sat straight. I should ask him this. it's getting too late for me in here and I need to handle many things.

" Cayden? " I called. His eyes instantly faced me. 

" Yeah ?" he asked looking much better. 

" yeah... I wanted to ask if you could let me go now as I have many other works to take care of, and my family also would be in tension thinking where I disappeared " I asked. His eyes went from hard to cold and from cold to soft. 

" no " he said in a firm voice. What? What did he mean by 'no' ??

 " What do you mean by no? you know that I'm not any threat and if your thinking I will say anything about your business to anyone then you can stop thinking about it because I'm not doing anything like that. " I say trying to convince him.What's his problem with?

 " No. You're not going anywhere and that's final. I won't like any more discussions on this." He said in a cold voice that I have never heard. 

Never heard from him

He stood up to put his plate in the sink but I stopped him by standing in his way.