chapter 2

BRIAR'S POV

Driving back home after the bone breaking shift is very horrible and I still have to go to that party. But before that is facing mum and Joseph.

I parked the car outside the house and then made my way inside, dinner was being made by carnal. She works till late here and even tutors both the twins. They like her so even I agreed to keep her. I rarely interacted with her. As I am also very busy. She is an elderly woman and I don't know much about her past but enough to know that my twins are safe with her.

As I entered the kitchen she stood there humming a tune while cooking. I sat on the table on the side and saw her cooking without disturbing her. My mom was the same. She hummed and cooked... I miss her. Now she is so evil that she doesn't even take care of the twins. Carnal soon saw me watching her and turned into a crimson red color, she looked cute.

 I removed the scarf from around my neck which was also holding my hair in place, but as soon as I removed the scarf my hair fell on my back. I don't wear scarfs around my head. I just put it around my neck and fold my hair in it. This way I don't attract much attention. Carnal soon turned to cook and I went upstairs. I will have to dress up for the party, now how the hell am I supposed to dress up is something I never knew. My father was the one who used to dress me up and when he went away, there was no one to teach me these things. But eventually, I discovered that I do have a nice choice like my father and I have the style too. But if I go show around I will be noticed and that is something I will never do.

I wore a baby pink color dress that went just a little below my knee, it has long sleeves that I love. I took out a white scarf to cover my neck and that hid my hair as well.

I also took a coat with me in case I need it. Walking down I saw Carnal serving the twins, maybe I will be late and I'm also getting that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Carnal's eyes widened the moment she looked at me. What's wrong? she smiled after some time which made me return the gesture. The only difference in her and my smile was that her smile was genuine and mine was dark...I need to talk to her about this now.

I called her after some time in the kitchen. She sat in front of me and smiled one more time.

" I need to tell you something," I said.

" Yeah, " she smiled.

"Look Carnal I can be gone anytime away from here just don't ask me anything about it as it can dangerous for you to know any details, just keep this in mind that if I'm missing by chance anytime you will have to take care of the twins. I made you the babysitter because I know you can do it properly, just don't ever let them know anything about me if I'm ever gone. Just tell them that I'm dead or anything. You just have to take them to the address in my red dairy on the top drawer of my room page no 20. That address will be the place they live in when I'm gone and don't you ever say this to my mum and Joseph. They will not be going to the place I am telling you, both the boys will be away from them. It's not like they won't have any money and all, they are also getting some saved amount deposited in their account so listen, if they ever asked you about me or anything just tell them to visit any police station and tell them to open Ruth's file, from where they will get to know what to do. You don't worry about that, that's all settled just take care of the twins. " I said explaining all in one. I hope she gets it.

"But where are you going?" She asked looking tensed.

"Just don't ask me, please. It can be dangerous. Just do as I asked you." I replied while trying to fake plead her.

" Umm...okay, I understand. I don't actually... So I just have to take the twins and tell you're parents, to go to the station and open that Ruth's file...is it?" She asked.