chapter 33

CAYDEN'S POV

" Hurry the fucking hell up." I couldn't control my anger. How can I be late for a meeting? I have always been the one on time.

There is a lot of traffic and the area is packed. Reaching on time seems impossible. Seeing at the outside I realized that it's going to rain soon. Why everything looks bad today?

After some half an hour we arrived at our destination. I couldn't be more thankful. This was the most dreadful journey I ever had. My mood is as bad as the weather. Realizing that it might rain, I looked up to see it's not going to hold on much longer before falling out. I rushed inside the grand hotel that my business friend Aron owns. He is one of the people I like to be with. He talks decent and behaves well. Overall he's a good man.

" Sir the meeting is being held at the topmost floor. I will assist you." a tall blonde explained with a bright smile. Her face was caked up and I couldn't decide whether to avoid it or shout at her for looking so irritating. I walked towards the elevator and pressed the topmost floor.

I just want to be at the meeting as soon as possible.

The moment I arrived at the hall everyone stood up to greet me and showed me the way to the meeting room. I walked towards the meeting hall in all my glory and pushed it open. The moment I opened the door everyone silenced and turned their attention to me.

" Pardon me for being late. You can continue." I said to everyone in my all-time cold voice and sat on my seat on the second line which was empty for me.

" Ahem... yeah, the company is going to contribute half of its shares with our company. It will be not only a good chance for this company but also it will be good for our company to come up. And of course, the salaries of the employees will also rise up. There are more companies we will be getting after this one. This project is one of the biggest project this year. I will want all of my shareholders to give their opinions on this matter." there were many companies and shareholders being seated attentively. I have already got this contract. Just signing of papers is left.

" Hello, sir! I will assist you to your room. You will be having to wait until Mr. Slon himself signs the contract." the blonde from early came to escort me. Why do they have to send ladies even?

The moment I reached my room I couldn't help but walk out to the balcony which shows a breathtaking view outside. Its cold but no one cares. People are seen enjoying the view of the sea from here. It's still noon so I can go out to the beach. I took a shower sooner and after having a nice meal I made my way outside towards the beach.

The beach had people all around enjoying their lives. Children were running around laughing, I wonder what will happen if they catch a cold. Some couples sat near towards the sea hand in hand. There were also some girls ogling at me openly. I walked around the beach enjoying the cool breeze. 

" hey stop it." I could hear some laughing voices coming from the other side and surprisingly it was quite familiar. I walked near the table area which was hiding the figures.

" I'll stop if you tell me." I walked on time to see Aron smiling towards a small figure in front his body. It was a girl of course.

" Okay... then you will tell me which one is yours. Deal?" she asked. 

That voice. I can know who it is anywhere in the world. But she can't be here. I walked towards them.

" Okay deal." Aron said putting his hands up in surrender.

" Aron?" I asked the moment I reached there. She turned. It's her.

She.

Is.

Here.

And in front of me. Her face looks week and paler then I saw her last time. But she still manages to look as beautiful as possible.

She was looking at me.

What is she doing here and... why is she with Aron?

" Oh when did you come?" he said putting a hand on her shoulder.

What the fuck is he doing?

" I was just passing by. " I answered him but I couldn't move my eyes away from hers. She looked at me with her green eyes.

" Ah! I saw you at the meeting. The contract will be ready sooner. Would you like to discuss the next meeting?" he said smiling at me. I didn't smile back.

" who's she?" I asked with a distasteful face.

" She's my secretary and a close friend." he answered looking at her in a way that I should say a friend shouldn't be looking.

" Briar this is my business partner and a friend as well. Cayden this is Briar shah. " he said introducing us with his hand motioning. She smiled towards me. That wasn't the smile I was used to.

" I'll go back then? I have to make calls and remember the deal." she spoke facing Aron and later walked out of the way. I watched her. She didn't once look at me.

"let's go to the nearby café. I'm caving coffee. " I want to see her again. I can't bear to not talk to her.

 I want answers.

Why do you care? Haven't you taken your revenge? What more you need from her?

I have all rights to know what is she doing. I just have.

What do you even think of yourself as? You think you'll get her back?

 I just want answers. And I think I deserve to know.

" it's been long. How's life?" I asked Aron once we sat in the café.

" life is the same as always. You tell me, you have changed." he said sipping on his coffee.

" I am the same. Nothing has changed." I answered.

The conversation died soon. I just wanted to walk to the hotel and search for her. I'll see her tonight. I have to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CAYDEN'S BACK XD.  TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

VOTE AND COMMENT.

~rashke