Page Thirty; A Dazzling Contest Spectacular

Start from the beginning

"Wow! This place is huge!" 

"Yeah! It's gonna be great!" Logan smiled. "You all go ahead and sit somewhere, Orval and I are gonna head backstage and get dressed." Logan waved goodbye and started to head up the steps. "Break a leg!" 

"We'll be cheering for you!" The trainers all took a seat and waited eagerly as the crowd started to fill in the rows. 

Backstage Logan was preparing in a dressing room. He had changed into his contest uniform. A black dress shirt under a pale blue suit jacket with the collar propped up, and glowing brighter blue designs on his chest, shoulders, and along the trim, and a blue bow-tie. He had on a pair of white pants with blue vertical stripes, and his lucky gold arrowhead necklace chained around a belt loop. The white overcut of his hair was slicked back with two colored hair jell blue stripes running from the front to the back, and a light golden eyeshadow on. He was fixing the accessories on his three selected team members. His aron, Orval, was wearing a blue bowtie that matched his bright blue eyes, and had orange/gold designs decorating his metal shell that Logan had painted on with some thin brushes. His Ponyta, Pyrois, had his hooves painted dark blue, and was wearing a nice blue bowtie like Orval was, and was given some sparkly orange painted designs on his face like Orval had. Then his pikachu, Lia, had on a large light blue bow, and a blue little flower around her neck, with an orange band around it. 

He was putting the finishing touches of blue face paint around Lia's red cheeks when Miguel stepped over. He was wearing a black dress shirt, a turquoise bowtie, and a red sparkly vest, along with red pants and a black belt with a turquoise belt buckle with it. His Oricorio, Alba, had a blue rose-like flower tucked in its feathers. His eevee, Belle, had a red frilly bow in her hair and around her tail, and his Horsea, Atlas, had a red bowtie on.

"You all ready, Mi Amado?" Miguel asked, and Logan felt a small smile creep on his face as he stood. "I know what that means, Miguel." Miguel smirked a bit as well. "Oh? And what does it mean, Logan?" 

"Miguel! Gill! Amber! You're up first!" The stagehand called out into the room. "I think it means you and your team should get going." Logan coyly replied and Miguel walked away, his team walking with him. 

Out in the stands, the stadium was full and the host descended from a platform onto the stage, with a Tsareena by her side. She was in a very modern looking white and dark magenta colored dress. She had very long blonde hair with bangs that whisped off to the side, resembling her partner. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to Maroh's Pokemon Spectacular Rookie Class!" The crowd cheered for her as she stepped onto the stage with her partner. "In the Rookie Class, the performers will compete in an introductory round where they have to participate in an activity that will show off their powerful bonds with their pokemon. In this first round, the performers will be having a bake-off, cooking up some delicious cupcakes! Our judges for this round will be: Esteemed Maroh Contest performer and water type gym leader in Rosa City, Agua!" Brooke smiled at the gym leader she had defeated not too long ago. "Along with famous Maroh fashion designer and flying type specialist, Vol! And last but certainly not least, revered chef and Kalos pokemon league member, Siebold!" The crowd cheered wildly for the judges. "Now, without further ado! Our first three performers!" Three platforms raised in cases, and at the same time they all opened. A tall, blonde girl with a Leavanny, a Glaceon, and a Smeargle walked out of the one on the left, a blonde boy who looked similar to the girl stepped out with a Vanillish, a Combee, and a Deerling in the brown winter coat. Then finally Miguel walked out of the one on the right with his Baile Oricorio, Horsea, and an Eevee. Then out from under the stage three cooking stations and a large section of ingredients and toppings rose up in front of the performers. "All right! On your marks, get set, bake!" The timer started and immediately the performers rushed to get baking.