Chapter 22

With the plan in place, Michael entered Freddy's for his last night. Rick had finished cleaning, heading out the minute Michael was inside. Michael entered the office and midnight rolled in quickly. He checked on the animantronics right away.

Bonnie was in the Dining Hall. Chica and Freddy hadn't moved yet. Foxy was still in the curtains of Pirate's Cove. Upon seeing it was (mostly) safe, Michael went to the front door. The walk was much easier than it was last night. Michael couldn't help but wonder if the animantronics were wanting to kill him or not. Michael opened the door, letting Maya and Jeremy in.

"What's up, Mike?" Maya asked, upon seeing Michael's concerned face.

"They aren't breathing down my neck." Michael answered truthfully.

"Hey, take an easy night where you can." Jeremy advised.

Michael knew Jeremy was right but it still bothered him. Taking the lead, the oldest Afton child took his soon-to-be girlfriend (or at least, he hoped Maya to be his girlfriend after all of this) and his good friend to the office. Jeremy picked up the tablet upon arriving, checking on the animantronics. Seeing his frown, Maya and Michael instantly knew something was wrong.

"Let me guess. Chica is off the stage?" Maya wagered.

"Well yes, she is in the Dining Hall, but Bonnie is MIA." Jeremy reported.

"Like last night." Michael stated.

That's when a voice behind them snarled, "Speak thee truth, Afton... Are you really Michael?"

Michael, Maya, and Jeremy all looked - seeing Foxy standing at the doorway. Shit.

"Jeremy, you idiot! You forgot to check Pirate's Cove!" Maya lectured, pulling out her gun.

"He was behind the curtain! I swear to you!" Jeremy hissed.

Michael stood in front of his friends as he snapped, "Leave them out of this, Foxy. This is between you and me!"

Foxy growled, "Listen here, matey, all I want is the answer to me question. Are you - or are you not - Michael Afton, the one that sent Golden Freddy to the flipside?"

Michael shouted, "Yes, I am!"

Foxy seemed shocked as Michael showed Foxy the Fredbear plushie. Jeremy was confused as Maya was mortified.

"That's the plush from last night..." Maya clarified to Jeremy.

"Is it supposed to mean something?" Jeremy asked her.

As Maya shrugged, Foxy backed away from the door.

"That be impossible... He was waitin' for his brother..." Foxy grumbled. That's when he twitched his head violently. Maya kept her gun on Foxy, keeping Jeremy near her. Jeremy wasn't scared but if Maya didn't know any better... Foxy finally spoke up, "Yee are gonna send all of us to thee flipside?"

Michael was about to answer when they heard Chica screech.

"Freddy is down!" She reported, freaked out.

"What?!" Foxy asked, surprised. When did that happen?! He turned to Michael and his friends as he started to threaten, "If yee did anythin' to Freddy..."

Jeremy hissed, "We were here the whole time! How could we do anything to Freddy?! And what more could you do to me that Mangle didn't?!"

As he said that, Jeremy pushed back his bangs and showed the stitches he had gotten from the Bite of '87. Foxy growled at that, as if he was insulted.

Maya added, "And besides that, we wouldn't do anything to tamper with the animantronics. We know better!"

Foxy was about to protest but when he heard Chica screech again, this time out of fear, Foxy ran towards the backroom. Michael, Maya, and Jeremy followed behind carefully two minutes later. When they got to the backroom, they saw a nightmare. The animantronics were in pieces, scattered along the floor, including Foxy. Standing there, holding a fireman's axe - looking very demonic like - was William Afton himself. In the animantronic parts were decaying bodies. As Michael was trying his hardest not to puke, he was also trying his hardest not to show his fear - towards his own father.

"Father..." Michael breathed.

"Crap!" Jeremy swore.

Maya had her gun drawn still as she told him, "William Afton, you are under arrest for the Freddy's murders."

William chuckled so lowly...so darkly. He licked his lips slowly, turning towards the three adults.

"Oh so you did come to the reunion after all, son." William commented, running his hand through his hair.

"How could do this?! How could you be such a bastard to instant life?!" Michael demanded.

William chuckled more, "I have urges son. Urges that need to be quenched, like my urge to have something to drink."

"Why didn't you get help?!" Jeremy asked, feeling sorry for Michael.

"For what? I feel alive when I hear those screams. And I won't let you get in my way ever again!" He declared, swinging his axe.

"Not today Afton!" Maya proclaimed, about to shoot him.

But before she could fire, before William could swing his axe at them, a cold wind froze them both in place. Everyone looked around as suddenly, the room filled with a dozen children ghosts and Henry's ghost.

William paled as he shouted, "God save the queen! How can this be possible?!"

Henry gritted his teeth as he growled, "That's simple. These kids have been wanting to be free for such a long time. And in your rush to hide the evidence, your ignorance has set them free!"

William saw his one chance to overpower everyone, running into Spring Bonnie. Ignoring the wet floor, William quickly got on his suit. He laughed darkly, believing himself to be safe. He didn't see the surprised looks and by the time he did, the animantronic parts recoiled back on his body. William shrieked loudly in absolute pain, starting to bleed out. As the ghosts of Marionette and Balloon Boy appeared next to Henry, he smiled.

He stated, "It has been done... It is over... This place will not be remembered and the memory of everything that started this can finally begin to fade away, as the agony of every tragedy should." He turned to the mortals and added, "Thank you for helping us finally entering the flipside. It has been so long since these kids have known happiness. Please make sure my son takes care of this place properly." As he turned to Springtrap, most of the kids ghosts were gone as were the animantronics they possessed. He growled, "Although for you, the darkest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting old friend..."

As he turned back to the Marionette and Balloon Boy, whom turned into his other children, Henry had a soft smile. He looked at Michael and let him and his kids enter the flipside. The place was now oddly quiet as the three mortals left the backroom. Springtrap twitched violently in the corner, alone and in silence...

...

Wishmaker1028: Are we at the end already? Geese, that went faster than I expected! I was just inspired by Henry's speech at the end of FNAF6 that I had to put it here. It was too amazing not to do. So as we close out this fanfic, be sure to check out some of my other works. I will definitely do a sequel if it is asked for. Other than that, please read and review! And always think outside of the box!