Chapter 18

While Izzy was patching up Joe the best she could, Maya was watching the doors and Michael was watching the tablet. Bonnie was Backstage, Chica was in the Kitchen, Freddy was still on stage - giving Michael the stink eye, and Foxy was peeking out of Pirate Cove. It was 2 am and they had 73 percent of power left. They were doing pretty good, considering the animantronics were restless. Maya turned to Michael, gaining his attention.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked.

"It's just odd... I never knew there was a Golden Freddy." Maya answered truthfully.

Michael was about to tell Maya that he had told her so but Izzy beat him to the punch.

"Jeremy told you so!" She protested.

"Jeremy saw him too?" Michael asked her.

Izzy nodded as she turned back to Joe and explained, "His sixth and last night on night shift."

Joe remained quiet, not wanting to activate the spring locks. Upon seeing this, Michael tapped Izzy on the shoulder. Izzy looked at him.

"Trade." He told her firmly as the two traded places.

Michael slowly started to get the chest piece off of Joe, being careful. Izzy checked the tablet as Maya checked the doors.

"No one at the doors yet." Maya reported.

"Strange, you would think since they have 'William' here they would come breathing down our necks." Izzy pointed out. She saw that Foxy was about to run down the hallway. He hadn't left yet but she knew well enough that they had to be quick - if they wanted to avoid Foxy. "Foxy is wanting our blood..." She muttered quietly. She then checked the other animantronics. Bonnie was in the hall, Chica was in the restrooms, and Freddy still hadn't move. "Well, they are being slightly nice..." Izzy added.

Michael, at this point, was able to get the chest of the Foxy suit off of Joe. His right shoulder was dislodged and his upper chest area was cut into. While it was bleeding a bit, it wasn't as bad as Michael feared. Joe let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"T - Thanks..." Joe weakly commented. "I - I hate to give you bad news after all of this... But I can't feel my legs."

"The bleeding does seem worse in the animantronic legs..." Michael admitted.

He looked at Michael and whispered, "Damn it, Michael... Don't beat around the bush. We both know why I can't feel my legs." Shit. Was it that obvious? It had to have been since Joe was looking at Michael knowingly. "Thanks for trying at least..." Joe dismissively commented.

"At least you are still alive." Michael stated.

"Doesn't help us much if we have to run out. I can't run out if I can't feel my legs." Joe pointed out, in pain.

"We aren't leaving you behind if that's what you are thinking." Michael sharply pointed out.

Joe chuckled a bit painfully, "Never said that, kid. All I'm saying is that I am glad that you are nothing like your father. Your father wouldn't have help me. That is for damned sure."

To that, Michael chuckled. That's when the two heard the left door closing - three seconds later - they heard pounding on the door.

"Damn it Foxy..." Maya groaned.

"He almost had us there." Michael stated quietly.

"Keep the door closed, I can't find Bonnie." Izzy advised.

"Check the light, Chief Richards." Joe instructed lowly.

Maya did just that but to her surprise, Bonnie wasn't there. She got her gun ready (in case Bonnie was hiding in the corner) and opened the door. To her surprise, Bonnie wasn't there.

"The fuck is the rabbit?" Maya asked, frustrated.

"Forget her! Check on Freddy, Foxy, and Chica." Joe told Izzy.

"Chica is coming down the hall and Freddy left the stage. He's in the dining hall. Foxy is deep in Pirate's Cove. 2:30 am, 67 percent." Izzy reported, turning off the tablet.

"We need a plan, we need to get Joe to the hospital." Michael told the girls.

Maya got out her walkie-talkie and asked, "Sal, can you hear me?"

Sal answered, "Yeah, I can hear you. What's going on over there?"

Maya explained, "We found Joe. He's alive but he won't be for long if we don't get him out."

Sal asked, "So what do we do?"

Maya answered, "Call an ambulance to Freddy's. We are gonna try and get Joe towards the entrance at 3 am."

Sal replied, "Okay but be careful."

Maya giggled, "Aren't I always?" She turned off the walkie-talkie and added, "Okay, Izzy and I will help Joe to the front door. You are still the distraction, Michael. Keep them off of us."

"One problem with that, he can't feel his legs." Michael protested.

"Then we use the office chair." Izzy pointed out, bringing over the small blue chair over to Joe. She asked, "Help me get him on it?"

Michael and Maya both helped her, getting Joe up on the office chair.

Joe chuckled a bit dryly, "That is way better than a wheelchair." He turned to Izzy and added, "You are the best daughter I ever had."

"I'm the only daughter you'll ever had." Izzy teased.

To that, Joe chuckled a bit more. Michael checked the doors, seeing that the doors were cleared. Maya and Izzy pushed the office chair out of the office as Michael checked the tablet. Bonnie was in the Supply Closet. Chica was almost at the right door. Freddy was still in the Dining Room. Foxy was peeking out of Pirate's Cove. Michael left the office upon seeing that Bonnie saw them. Shit.

"Hey Bonnie! Try grabbing someone your own size!" Michael taunted, hoping to get her attention.

It worked for Bonnie started to go after Michael. Michael ducked away, trying to get away from Bonnie. Maya and Izzy kept pushing, getting to the front door. The sirens were loud and close.

"Looks like they are almost here." Izzy commented.

"Good, looks like I finally get out of this damned place..." Joe grumbled. "And see Bill again..."

"He will be ecstatic to see you!" Izzy agreed. She looked over to where she thought Maya was standing. But to her horror, Maya was gone. "Maya?!" She asked, freaked out.

"Wait, wasn't she back there with you?" Joe questioned, turning his head.

"Ugh, she might have gone back to help Michael..." Izzy groaned. She turned her head as she saw the ambulance arriving. She opened the door as she directed the EMTs, "My name is Isabella Hess of Baltimore Mercy, I'm a nurse there. This man is Joe Alana and we must take him to the hospital now!"

...

Wishmaker1028: With Maya missing and Michael avoiding the animantronics, Izzy and Joe finally get the help they need! What will happen now? Find out! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!