Chapter 20

Maya groaned, grabbing her walkie-talkie. It was 5:15 am. The Fredbear plush seemed to have eyed her, sending an unwelcomed chill go down her spine. She rubbed her head as she checked the tablet. All of the animantronics were back in their starting positions and she had 57% power left. She oddly enough had a lot of power to make it through the night.

"Sal...? Sal are you there...?" Maya asked.

"Maya?! Oh thank God, I was getting worried! I was trying to get you for almost three hours!" Sal answered.

Maya apologized, "I'm sorry about worrying you. It's just...I had to stay with Michael. I had to make sure he survived the night."

"And did you?" Sal questioned.

Maya paused. How was she supposed to answer that? Michael was missing and this creepy plushie was eyeing her hard. All she remembered was a low moan and Michael saying something before she woke up.

"Do what you want with me...brother...but please spare Maya..."

She couldn't help but wonder if Golden Freddy was Fredbear without his endoskeleton. It would make sense as to why Michael called him 'brother'.

She finally answered, "I'm alright but Golden Freddy has Mike."

"Shit..." Sal swore.

"I can't leave now. I have to find Mike." Maya told Sal.

"I'll be over with Jeremy and Connie as soon as it is six. Stay safe, Maya." Sal instructed.

"Thanks Sal..." Maya replied, turning off the walkie-talkie.

As she got out her gun, she looked at the plushies. She still didn't know where they came from. But one thing was for sure, she was going to find Michael. She left the office, the look of determination on her face.

...

Meanwhile, on the streets near Freddy's, William was sitting in an alleyway. His plan was coming into motion. Joe was going to be dead by the afternoon at the latest and all he had to do was get rid of Bill. But there was still one thing he had to do. He had to get rid of the animantronics. Since they held the last piece of evidence to prove he was the killer, he was planning to raid Freddy's the next night and destroy the animantronics. He smirked darkly.

...

Back in the hospital, Joe slowly opened his eyes, still a bit groggy. In the room with him was Bill. Joe smiled slightly upon seeing his friend. He was still on oxygen and there was an IV on his left arm. He started to reach out to Bill but started to feel pain in his legs. He groaned in pain, retracting his arm. This woke up Bill slightly. He saw Joe awake and in pain.

"Joe!" He shouted, going to his best friend's side. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"My legs feel like they are on fire..." Joe admitted, groaning in pain.

There was an uneasy silence between them. Both of them knew that his legs were gone. Joe was no idiot and Bill saw the stubs that Sergio gave Joe.

"Joe...I don't have to tell you that your legs are gone." Bill reported.

"I know you don't Bill... I just can't help feeling it..." Joe admitted.

Bill nodded and before he could say anything else, Connie came in.

"Hi guys." She greeted sadly.

"Sal get in touch with Maya?" Bill asked her.

"Yeah and it is bad news. Golden Freddy came into their room and when he disappeared, Mike was gone too." Connie reported.

"That's not like Golden Freddy." Joe told her. "He usually liked scaring the crap out of me or knocking me out for hours..."

Connie added, "Jeremy and I are going with Sal at 6 am to meet up with Maya. If Mike is still missing when we get there, we will have to comb the place."

"Maya is probably already ahead of you on that one." Bill admitted.

To that, Connie nodded in agreement. She turned to Joe, a smile on her face.

She started to say, "Oh and before I leave..." She lightly kissed Joe on the forehead. Joe smiled at her as she added, "Thank you for saving my brother, Mr. Joe."

Joe chuckled a bit as he corrected, "Call me Joe, Connie. And I only did what was right."

Bill teased Connie, "No kiss for me?" To that, Connie laughed as she headed out of Joe's room. Bill turned to him and teased, "How do you get so lucky with the girls?"

"Bill?" Joe chuckled.

"Yeah?" Bill asked, looking at him.

"Shut up." Joe further chuckled.

To that, Bill laughed. Joe joined him. And for those moments, it felt like they were back to their oldselves.

...

Back at Freddy's, Maya was in the backroom. She saw a multiple collection of animantronic suits and heads. One caught her eye, which was sitting in the corner. It was a golden yellow Bonnie suit, Spring Bonnie.

"Mike?" Maya asked, checking everything.

When there was no answer, Maya started to head back to the stage. Quite frankly, she was glad that the spring trap suits were decommissioned. Especially seeing how horrifying Spring Bonnie looked after all of these years. But she could have sworn that she saw something golden out of the corner of her eye as she left the backroom.

Maya reentered the Dining Hall. While it was 5:20 am, the animantronics weren't really bothering her. It bugged her a bit. Did they know where Mike was...?

"Maya!" A familiar voice shouted, coming behind her.

Maya turned around and coming out of the kitchen, was Michael. Maya didn't know what overcame her but she ran over to Michael and hugged him tight. Michael chuckled, returning the hug. The two were like that for a few moments before Maya broke away from the hug.

"I am so glad that you are okay, Mike!" She gushed. "But what happened to you?! And why do you smell like blueberries?"

Michael apparently ignored her question, chuckling softly, as he cupped her chin softly. Their eyes met as Michael leaned in. Maya leaned towards Michael, their lips inches apart. And in that moment, their lips met and the electricity between them was sparked. Maya kept Michael close. She didn't know what happened between him and what she could only assume was Steven, all she knew was that he was alright - and she was in his arms.

...

Back at police headquarters, Ennard violently shook. The animantronic broke almost instantly, leaving only the parts of Funtime Foxy and Funtime Freddy behind. There was no sign of Baby...

...

Wishmaker1028: I think Michael was able to appease two spirits for the price of one. Hope you all stay tuned for more! Please read and review! And always think of the box!