Chapter 19

As Izzy and Joe were whisked away by the ambulance, Maya was going back into Freddy's, her gun at the ready. She couldn't shake the feeling that Michael was in trouble. As she was doing her best to ignore the happy memories of this place and her pounding heart, she heard choking up ahead.

She picked up the pace, turning a corner. That's when she saw Bonnie holding Michael to the wall, her paw over his neck. Michael was struggling to get free, choking as he was. Neither of them were aware that Maya was behind them.

"And now...our revenge will be complete!" Bonnie told Michael. "Any last words William?" The robotic rabbit asked, her grip getting tighter.

That's when they heard a trigger being pulled and Maya announced, "Yeah, that's not William!"

As the shot ricocheted off of Bonnie's head and into the wall, it was enough of a distraction to let Michael out of her grip. Bonnie growled as Michael caught his breath. Maya took another shot at the rabbit, this time hitting her right eye. It took out the right eye, making her stop charging at Maya.

Michael saw his chance and ran over to Maya. He rubbed his neck but as Maya took another shot, this time shooting Bonnie in the right ear. The rabbit animantronic growled lowly, allowing the two humans run towards the office. Upon seeing this, Freddy got off the stage.

"You will pay for that!" Freddy promised.

"Fuck off Freddy!" Michael swore, giving the brown animantronic the middle finger. As the two made it to the office, Michael closed the right door. He turned to Maya, his throat hurting badly and asked, "Why did you stay...?"

Maya tried her hardest not to blush as she answered, "Like I was going to let you be animantronic food for something you didn't do."

Michael started to say, "Maya..."

Maya checked over Michael's throat, trying her best to keep her emotions in check. She didn't know what it was about this stupid Afton but she couldn't let him die while she escaped like some sort of coward. She absolutely refused.

Maya reported, "You will probably get a nice bruise off of that but you will live."

Michael softly replied, "Thanks to you, Maya..." Maya felt her heart skipping beats as Michael wrapped his arms around her. Maya felt flushed. Stupid Afton... Michael teased, "Hey, that's Dean's line."

Maya turned a beat red. Did she say that aloud? She protested, "Well it happens to be true! Like I was going to let you die for something your father did... I'm not that cold."

Michael just chuckled, hugging Maya. Maya briefly stiffened at the close contact but returned the hug. It was true, they had a long night ahead of them, but she knew if Joe got immediate medical attention, it was worth it.

...

Back at the hospital, Izzy busted in with the EMTs, rushing Joe to the ER. They gave him oxygen as they were able to get the animantronic legs off. Sergio was waiting for them.

"What happened?" He asked Izzy, ignoring the fact Joe looked like Izzy.

"Spring lock failure. His name is Joe Alana and he is alive. He can't feel his legs." Izzy reported.

"Then let's help him out, right Izzy?" Sergio asked.

"Never thought you ask!" Izzy agreed.

As the two went into the ER, Bill saw them rushing by. He let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding. Joe was alive...

"Bill...?" Jeremy asked.

Bill turned to Jeremy, the tears in eyes and sniffled, "They did it, they found Joe...and he is alive..."

Sal breathed, "Oh thank God..."

Connie asked, "Wait...guys... If that was just Izzy...where are Mike and Maya?"

That's when everyone paled. Crap.

...

Back at Freddy's, Maya and Michael were in the office. While the chief of police was checking the doors, the oldest Afton child was checking the cameras. He thought for sure that the animantronics would be all over them by now. But since Maya revealed that he was Michael, not William, they were backing off.

Bonnie was Backstage, giving the camera a creepy look. Chica was in the Dining Hall. Freddy was back on Stage. Foxy was back in Pirate's Cove.

"They are backing off." Michael reported.

"Do you think they are processing that you are Michael?" Maya asked.

Just when he was about to answer her, the two of them heard a low groan...

...

When Michael was able to open his eyes again, he saw Golden Freddy sitting in the left corner, near a knocked out Maya. The minute he saw the ghostly animantronic near Maya, Michael slowly managed to get to his feet.

"For fuck's sake, stay away from her!" Michael proclaimed.

Instead of getting total silence, as that is what he was expecting from Golden Freddy, he heard a British accent.

"Why brother...? Why have you come here...?" A young boy's voice demanded.

Michael paled almost immediately, dropping to the floor. No way...it couldn't be...

"Steven?!" Michael asked.

...

Back at the police headquarters, Ennard turned back on mysteriously. The animantronics deep inside of Ennard were puzzled but then saw Baby's green eyes glowing.

"Steven..." Baby breathed.

"Baby? What is it? What's wrong?" Funtime Freddy asked.

"She senses his presence... Fredbear..." Funtime Foxy pointed out.

"Golden Freddy..." Bon-Bon added.

...

Back at Freddy's, Michael looked at the empty golden suit sitting in a dead like position. He was still sitting near Maya, which made Michael on edge. But since she was still knocked out for some odd reason, it was just the brothers. Golden Freddy turned into the ghostly apparition of Steven. Michael was in complete tears, keeping his eyes away from his younger brother. There was an uneasy silence between the two brothers until it was broken by the younger.

Steven breathed, "Michael..."

Michael pleaded, "Do what you want with me...brother...but please spare Maya..."

Steven stepped closer as Michael kept his eyes to the ground. The older brother was crying, ready for any punishment his brother had for him. He deserved it for being so mean to him...

...

When Maya slowly opened her eyes, she rubbed her head, not realizing she was alone.

She groaned, "Man...I hate when that happens... Mike are you alright...?" When there was no answer from Michael, Maya felt her blood run cold. "Mike?" She asked again.

She finally was able to look in the office more clearly now. And her eyes landed on one Golden Freddy plushie - torn and worn from years of play and use. The other was a Foxy plush, oddly enough missing its head.

"Mike...?" Maya asked, looking around.

Where did he go? As she got up her feet, realizing it was 5 am, she couldn't help but wonder where Michael had disappeared to...

...

Wishmaker1028: As if it wasn't obvious with the reference to FNAF 4! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!