Because I Love Her-- Camila

"H-he cheated on me," Camila fell into my arms as I stood at my door, shocked as ever.

 It has been raining a lot this week, but tonight the storm was ferocious, snipping and cutting at anything that got in its way. The moon was covered by misty clouds and the air was damp. Lighting bolts snapped in the sky as the thunder rumbled about. The wind howled through the wet earth in displeasure, sending chills down my my body which is covered by my house coat.

I looked down at the sobbing brunette who is clinging onto me with every fiber in her body. I wrap my arms around her waist and carefully walk backwards into the safe warmth of my own home, bringing the girl with me. Looking up at me with soft, and sad puppy eyes, she wipes away her tears before shivering. I remove her soaked jacket from her shoulder and place is on the nearby coat rack.  I return my eyes to her but to my surprise her eyes never left me. She looks away shyly at the ground, and a sad smile creeps onto my tired lips.

Even when in distress, she is still the most beautiful woman my eyes had ever laid upon. God, its been months since I last saw my best friend, if I can even call her that anymore. We were once thick as thieves, I thought nothing or no one could break our bond... That was before Matthew Hussey came into the picture. Camila was blind in love from the moment I met him. I never liked him, EVER. Camila belongs with me, I know it, and deep down I feel Camila knows as well. But every time we began getting a little closer than "friends" would, she pulls away. I always tell myself not to get my hopes up, but when I look into her eyes, all my walls crumble. Besides my own personal feelings, I never trusted Matthew. He has this look in his eye, it sends chills down my spine, and not in a good way.  He reminds me of Lucifer, that twinkling playful glint in his glossy orbs. In the interest of Camila, I did some digging and asked a few girls around town what they knew about him. I heard not one good thing about him! He is a user, and an abuser. The man slut plays with girls emotions and I hated the thought of him toying around with the brunette who I have fallen for. I tried and pleaded with Camila, hoping she could see him for the monster he is, but she refused! We had a falling out of the situation, and she chose him over me. She has been ignoring me, and keeping distance for 8 excruciatingly long months. And after all the hell she has put me through, all the tears I shed over her, I still love her more than anyone else in the whole world...

"C'mon lets get you out of these wet clothes", I smile and grab her hand leading her to my bathroom.

"You're freezing," I look at her apologetically and she gives a timid grin.

"Would you like to shower? I still have the clothes you kept here," I say.

"That would be lovely... I would've thought you burned them and buried the ashes," she chuckles awkwardly.

"Well, that is an act of hate, and we both know I could never hate you," I say.

Camila looks at the bathroom tile, shifting uncomfortable as I let go of her hand to get her clothes. Bringing her things back to her, I place them onto the counter and start the shower for her.

"T-thank you", she stutters with a small blush.

I offer a small but genuine smile before leaving her to freshen up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I drop the marshmallows into the warm cups filled with hot chocolate, just in time as I hear the soft footsteps coming from behind me.

Make yourself comfortable, so you can tell me what exactly happened. I made your favorite, I hold up the mugs and do little dance which elicits an adorable giggle from the Cuban who is know sitting Indian style on my sofa. She wears a cute white tee which is a little bit big on her, and a pair of grey sweats with banana socks. Her hair is still wet but is styled in a messy bun at the top of her head. I hand her the mug carefully and she thanks me as I sit beside her.

"What happened Camzi," I lay may head on her shoulder in attempt to make her relax. To my satisfaction she does.

"I wanted to surprise him at his place. I even brought twister," she pouts before sipping the hot cocoa.

The door was unlocked so I walked in. He wasn't in the living room, but I heard voices in his bedroom. The door was mostly shut, but I could see him and another woman through the crack.

{Camila's Point Of View}

"Mhmm you're soooo sexy Matthew," she said as he hooked her finger into his shirt collar. That signature smirk. My heart sinks.

"Yeah," he speaks with his thick accent.

"I just wanna ravish you," she bites her lip.

"But maybe I should let your little girlfriend take care of that," she points to his waist and soon disappears from my view.

"Camilla? Don't worry about her, she's a lazy fuck anyway," he chuckles darkly.

With a groan he throws his head back and I feel the hot tears stream down my face. With my head hanging low I run our of his house, slamming the door behind me.

{Your Point Of View}

Im fuming with anger as she tells the story. How dare he? I mean I knew this guy was a dick, but not only did he cheat on her, but he disrespected her!

I get up and grab my keys and storm out my home. In a humid rage I block out the sounds of Camila who is yelling on my doorstep. I get in my Jeep and speed off towards Matthews house.

~~~~~~~~

 I kick down the wooden door, not caring about the damage being done. 

"What in the bloody hel-"

Matthew stops mid sentence as I pull out my Smith and Wesson revolver, pointing it at his empty chest.

"YOU STAY THE FUCK OUT OF HER LIFE YOU SCREW DRIVING FREAK," I yell.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE", he yells back.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP YOU DICK FACE," I begin to tremble in anger, dangerously close to pulling the trigger.

"YOU HURT HER! I SHOULD KILL YOU, I SWEAR TO GOD I SHOULD KILL YOU," I begin to cry.

"CALM DOWN! I DIDN'T DO ANY-"

"DON'T YOU LIE TO ME ICKY BOY! SHE DESERVES SO MUCH BETTER! SO MUCH MORE THAN YOU!"

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE," he exclaims in frustration.

"Because I love her... because Im in love with her," I lower my voice along with the gun.

"Y-you're in love with me," I hear Camila's shaking voice from behind me as she walks through the door frame....