Chapter 21

(Peyton's point of view)
I stayed in Grayson's office. As sad as it was I managed to get trough the day without crying my eyes out. That's when I got an idea. I called my 1st in command into my office.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in." I say. The door opens widely and a female with dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and tanish skin walks inside. I smile widely.

"Hello Peyton." She says. "Hello Juliana." I reply. She walked over and sat in the chair in front of me. "What would you like me for?"she asked curiously.

"I want you to watch over things while I go away for a little bit." I explain to her. She raised an eyebrow. "Where exactly are you off to?"she asked. "The cliff that Ethan threw Grayson off of." I say trying to keep my voice strong.

She didn't say anything. All she did was nod and I got up and let her sit in my seat. "Don't have too much fun while I'm away."I say as I leave. I wink then close the door. I could tell she rolled her eyes at me before I shut the door completely.

I went back to my room and grabbed a suitcase. I filled it with everyday essentials and a variety of outfits. I double checked everything then headed down the stairs. Ethan was with Kimberly in the kitchen. They stopped talking when they heard my suitcase thunking down the stairs.

"Going somewhere?"Kimberly asked. "Just to the cliff where my husband died."I snap. She looked startled and so did Ethan. "Wanna join?"I asked. They shook there heads quickly. "Well good. Don't question my actions anymore."I say satisfied then walk out the door to my car.

I drove for awhile. I remembered the directions pretty well. It took about 25 minutes to get there. I put the car in park.

     Then sun was shining and birds were singing but the world felt so dark. Everything was still in the car. I didn't move from my position. Flashbacks kept entering my mind.

     My heart rate picked up and so did my breathing. I took a deep breath trying to calm my self down. After I calmed myself down I opened the door to the car and got out.

    I decided to leave my bag in my car and just go look around before making any official plans to do anything. As I walked leaves crunched under my black boots.

     There it finally was. The cliff that I saw my husband die at. Ethan's made mistakes before but this one is going to haunt him for life and even if karma doesn't come and get him I will.

     I stood near the edge but not close enough to fall. The place was beautiful still. The sound of water falling from the waterfall. The rushing water at the bottom. The sun shining. Too bad Ethan had to ruin such a beautiful place with such a dark thing.

     I walked around the cliff and then found a safe way down to the bottom. It was risky and steep at some points but the safest option I had. Once I reached the bottom I bent over and put my hands on my knees. I was breathing heavily.

I stayed like that for a moment then got up and started looking around. I'm not sure what I was looking for. A clue. The box. Something to help prove to myself that he didn't die. I saw him get thrown off of a cliff but I refuse to think he died just like that.

I walked around for hours and found absolutely nothing. There was a fallen tree that I sat on to catch my breath. There was a rustle in the bushes behind me.

     I stood up and put my hand on my gun. Carefully I watched all of the movement in the bushes. Then there was a lot of rustling and a man came through them. I wrapped my fingers around my gun ready to grab it and shoot if needed.

      The man was tall,had a beard, had green eyes, and long red hair. He looked like a lumber jack from a tv show. I stood still watching him and he scanned me up and down.

    "My eyes are up here."I say to him. He looked up. "Who are you?"I asked still ready to shoot him. "I'm nobody but a messenger for someone."he replied cautiously. "For whom may I ask?"God I sounded like someone from the 1800's.

     "I never got his name. But he handed me something and told me if a girl with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and a weapon ever came around here to give it to her."he explained to me. Grayson? "Judging by the looks of you, you seem to be the girl he was talking about."he said then stepped forward.

     I backed up. "What do you have for me?"I asked. "Some kind of letter." He said then reached into his jacket pocket. I tightened my grip on my gun. Better to be safe then to be sorry. He pulled out a folded piece of paper.

     I didn't want to get close to him but I walked up and took the letter from him. I didn't read it I just shoved it into my pocket. He watched. "Are you waiting for something?"I ask suddenly seeing as he hadn't moved yet. He shook his head then turned around to leave.

    "Hey wait."he turned back towards me. "Thank you for the letter."I say then flash a small smile. He smiles widely then turns around and starts walking. "See you around miss."he says then disappears out of sight.

   I sat back down on the fallen tree. I pull the folded letter out of my pocket and turn it over in my hands. No address or anything. Then again it's just a piece of paper. I opened the letter and read it carefully.
----------------------------------------------
       Cliffhanger!😅. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also thank you so freaking much for the 204 reads that is absolutely amazing! I can't thank you guys enough.

    So for my treat to you I'm going to write a really long chapter that may take a little bit but should be out within 1 or 2 days. Love you all and I'll see you in the next chapter❤️💖❤️