Chapter 19

(Peyton's point of view)
I couldn't believe it. This was going to be the last time that I saw Grayson. My face was stained with tears and my hands were shaking.

The basement steps were steep and creaked as we walked down them. When we reached the bottom of the staircase we saw your typical horror movie basement except this one had torture equipment.

Ethan was standing in the corner with his back against the wall. Kimberly on the other hand was sharpening knives. There was a chair in the middle of the room and one against the wall.

I gave Grayson a final kiss goodbye. This was the last time I would feel his soft lips against mine. We pull apart and then there was a tight grip on my arm. One of the men pulled me back and sat me in the chair against the wall. The other set Grayson in the chair in the middle of the room.

There were metal handcuffs on the chair. One side connected against the arms of the chair the other side was attached to Grayson's wrist. He was handcuffed to the chair by his ankles and wrists.

     His hazel eyes were filled with sadness as they stared at me. I could feel the tears silently streaming down my cheeks.

     I glanced over at Ethan. His eyes weren't cold but they weren't warm either. They were filled with sorrow and fear. He looked at me and I quickly looked away.

     Now turning my attention back to my boyfriend I realized something. How the hell am I supposed to explain this to the people in the Mafia?! That's right. Ethan gets to because he's taking over. But what does that mean for me?

     Kimberly finally stopped sharpening the knives and walked in front of Grayson. My blood started to boil and I wanted nothing more than to punch her until she bleeds out onto the floor and dies.

    I wasn't able to get up because the men that escorted us here were by my sides watching my every move. I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves and my anger. Grayson gave me a look of concern. I gave him a reassuring nod.

      "Do you know how long I've wanted to do this?" Kimberly asked in amusement. "Ever since you interfered with my gang that night." She said aggressively. Grayson watched her as she walked in a slow circle around him.

     "You know it would be so much easier to put a bullet through your head but that wouldn't be fun now would it?" She said still amused somehow. She sounds like a killer clown on steroids.

     Grayson sat straight up in the chair. He was wearing his leaker jacket, a white t-shirt,black pants, and obviously his earrings.

     Suddenly Kimberly took the knife as slid it across Grayson's upper arm. It cut his jacket and he was bleeding but he sat emotionlessly and quiet.

    "Oh this'll be fun. It's always fun to torture a fighter. They always end up loosing which is something you're not good at. But I'm going to change that." Kimberly said with an evil grin.

    Again she went with the knife on his other upper arm. His blood was bleeding through his white t-shirt dyeing it a dark red. He hadn't moved or made a sound yet. But I could see the pain in his hazel eyes.

     More tears were streaming down my wet face. I didn't have the strength to move out of the seat at this point. He's barely hurt but it's hurt me more than him. He glanced over at me. His eyes were filled with even more sadness.