Chapter 5

(Peyton's point of view)
     I was so close to being unconscious my breathing was slowing down and my heart wasn't beating as fast. I wasn't becoming unconscious I was dying. I wasn't strong because of the lack of food and water.

    Jake stopped punching me finally. Looking at his work he smiled an evil smile. It sent chills down my spine. Where's Grayson when you need him? "Even if your boyfriend comes I don't think that he'll want you back."Jake laughed. The laugh was cold and empty.

      There was a gunshot upstairs. Jake turned his attention towards the door to the upstairs floor. I was getting weaker. Tiredness seemed to be taking over me. Jake was watching the door. Then he ran upstairs. Another gunshot seemed to wake me up a little bit.

I could no longer speak. My throat was dry from the lack of water and hurt from all of the screaming out in pain. I could hear people's footsteps upstairs and people yelling but I wasn't fully conscious. I was ever so slowly fading in and out of consciousness.

I was at least aware that there were men upstairs. I could tell from the deep voices when they yelled and all of the heavy footsteps. The darkness in the room wasn't helping me stay awake.

I almost had given into the darkness when all of a sudden the door burst open and there was so much light in the room. A tall figure with dark brown hair,hazel eyes, and a sharp jawline came into the room.

He ran over to me cutting me loose from the chair. I couldn't move I was hurt so bad. I wasn't even aware of the tears rolling down my cheeks until he took his finger and wiped them off. He also had tears rolling down his face.

He picks me up in his arms bridal style and start walking towards the exit. I don't remember exactly what happened but I think I ended up passing out and scaring the shit out of the male.

I knew this because I awoke in a bed in a hospital. I had so many bandages wrapped around me and I had I broken arm. I have no idea how that happen but ok then. I looked around. It was a pretty place.

It had a window with white curtains, some navy blue guest chairs, and lighter blue couch. Next to my bed was a stand like tray it held a big object on it. I used my one hand to turn it around. It was a book.

      I could hear murmuring coming from outside of the door of my room. Then the door opened. A nurse came in and a  man with dark brown hair,beautiful hazel eyes, and a sharp jawline. He was the guy who saved me.

    "How are you feeling dear?" the nurse asked me. "Sore." I replied. My voice was scratchy and sounded awful. "Figures. You were hurt pretty badly." the nurse said. "If this young fellow hadn't brought you in at the time he did you would have died."

      I looked over at the guy standing in the corner of the room. He looked at me. He looked somewhat familiar I just couldn't figure out who he was.

      His hazel eyes were filled with sadness as he looked into my icy blue eyes. I looked back over at the nurse.

  "Can we talk outside for a moment?"the nurse asked the male in the room. He nods and follows her out. I wonder if they're together.

(Grayson's point of view)
     I followed the nurse out of the room. I could see the confusion in Peyton's eyes when I looked into hers. The nurse closed the thick wooden door behind us.

     "Mr.Dolan I'm sorry to say this but you have to know this."the nurse said with a sigh. "Peyton was hurt so severely that she has lost the part of her memory."
----------------------------------------------
     I'm sorry for the short chapter I haven't had a lot of time to write lately but the next chapter may be longer than usual to make up for this. I'll try my hardest to get the next chapter out by late tonight or tomorrow.❤️❤️