5

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5:
–ᴊᴏɴɢɪɴ... ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ "ᴄᴀɴᴀᴅᴀ"

__________

"ARE you sure this won't hurt?"

"Ask me that one more time, and I'll make it hurt."

Kyungsoo found it funny how five weeks seemed to whizz by when you were in a constant state of emotional and physical distress.

Originally, Kyungsoo hadn't actually considered how long Jongin would be staying with him (read mooching off of him). He thought it'd maybe be a week before he'd finally hop back into his crazy alien space ship and zoom all the way back to his very distant space rock; maybe even two weeks. After that, he wouldn't have to deal with being tackled into a bear hug every time he got home, nor would he have to deal with Baekhyun's ever constant question of, "Are you sure you two are cousins?" to which Jongin almost stupidly answered, "No."

However, by week three, as the two of them stepped into McDonalds for what had to be the sixteenth time that week alone, Kyungsoo was hit with the realization that Jongin probably wasn't going anywhere for a while.

Thus began the story of how Kyungsoo became Jongin's personal tour guide (a.k.a Jongin's source of free food, shelter and Love & Hip Hop).

Now, he didn't have a problem with the whole arrangement because Jongin was a bad house guest, but rather because Jongin was so painfully oblivious to the effect that he had on his poor heart. In recent times gone by, Kyungsoo had taken note of how rapid his heart rate became if he even so much as glanced at Jongin the wrong way, and it freaked him out. Jongin, on the other hand, seemed more focused on setting the World Record for "Most McNuggets Consumed Within a Year."

Long story short, Kyungsoo was stuck in a love triangle with an alien from planet wheresit-whatsit and heart attack-inducing chicken nuggets (and probably Cardi B, if you wanted to make it a love rhombus).

Getting back to the current situation, Jongin was presently fearing for his life as he sat in Kyungsoo's computer chair. The shorter stood behind him, one hand running through Jongin's hair, the other swinging a pair of scissors around his index finger and his brain freaking out over the fact that he was touching Jongin.

"That thing looks awfully sharp," Jongin was now saying, side-eying the scissors as they spun around and around.

"Jongin, I'm cutting your hair, not your neck," Kyungsoo replied, finally grasping the scissors properly. As he was about to snip off a little from the side, Jongin lurched forward, promptly dodging the cut.

"How about we leave my hair alone?" Jongin suggested, voice shaky. "If you cut it, I'll lose all my magical alien powers and die. Do you want me to die, Kyungsoo?"

"Sometimes," the shorter joked.

"Hey!"

"Jongin, your hair is too long," Kyungsoo pressed on, not taking his headassery. "You're practically blind."

Jongin huffed, spinning around in the chair to face him. "I can see just fine!"

"Jongin, you're staring at the wall, not me."

Confused, Jongin quickly swiped his bangs out of his eyes, only to see that he was, in fact, staring at the wall (which looked so much like Kyungsoo to him just a second ago). "Ah," he said, pursing his lips. "I could have sworn that was you just a minute ago..."