3

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3:
—ᴄʜɪᴄᴋᴇɴ ɴᴜɢɢᴇᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴀɴ ɪɴᴛᴇʀɢᴀʟᴀᴄᴛᴀʟ ᴅᴇʟɪᴄᴀᴄʏ 

_______

"YOUR cousin's kinda weird."

Kyungsoo paused mid-action, his mouth wide open and his burger halfway to his face as he looked over at Baekhyun, who sat across from him. It was just a bit past midday, and the two of them had decided to treat themselves to lunch. In other words, Baekhyun was using Kyungsoo's money to buy them both lunch.

"Who?" he asked, reluctantly setting his food back down.

"Your cousin from yesterday," Bakehyun repeated, and Kyungsoo's face lit up with the realization that he was talking about Jongin. "He's weird."

"Oh, well, you know how the Chinese are, he's probably going through some kind of culture shock," Kyungsoo said, trying to wave off the conversation. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes.

"I thought he was Canadian," Baekhyun frowned.

"Yeah, Canadian, that's what I said," Kyungsoo replied nervously before taking a large bite out of his burger. "Hey, how's Chanyeol?"

"Don't try to change the subject," Baekhyun said, pointing a fry at him. "There's something you aren't telling me, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo scoffed. "Not true," he said.

"It's obvious that you're hiding something, I'm not stupid."

"Yes you are."

Slightly startled, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun looked over to find Chanyeol walking towards their table, swinging his book bag off his shoulder as he took a seat beside Baekhyun, who lightly slapped him on the shoulder. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Kyungsoo's keeping secrets," Baekhyun told him, and Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes. He wished Baekhyun would just drop the topic already.

"About what?" Chanyeol asked, eyes widening in curiosity.

"About nothing!" Kyungsoo told him, crumpling up his wrapper with a small frown.

"Ok, jeez..." Chanyeol said, throwing an arm around Baekhyun's shoulders and leaning back in his seat.

"This guy that you claim is your cousin - who, may I say, you've never talked about before - just pops up out of nowhere and is staying with you for some weird, unspecified reason," Baekhyun continued. "That's kind of suspicious."

Kyungsoo just threw his hands up, annoyed. "What is this, an interrogation room?" He then sighed loudly, angrily grabbing up his trash and belongings before abruptly standing up. "I'm leaving. I'm not into being a third wheel today, sorry."

Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he stalked towards the front door, pushing it open–

Actually, it didn't open.

Angry and confused, Kyungsoo continued to push the door, but to no avail, as it remained shut.

"Pull the door, you fool!" Baekhyun called out.

"I knew that!" Kyungsoo replied before swinging the door open and stomping out, almost running into three separate people as he made his speedy getaway.

***

When Kyungsoo had left the food place, he wasn't quite sure where he was headed. Eventually, he ended up at his apartment, outside the front door with his keys angrily jingling about as he tried to open the door.