1

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1:
—ɪɴsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴄʜᴜᴍᴘs.

____

JONGIN did not stay.

To say that the guy was bad at following instructions was an understatement. He was fucking awful at it, which is what Kyungsoo found out at around eleven in the morning when he saw Jongin on the quad, surrounded by a flock of giggling college girls.

"Whoa, who's that?" Baekhyun asked. He, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had been walking to their next class, but Baekhyun had grown curious about Jongin when he saw Kyungsoo stop to stare at him, mouth wide open. When Kyungsoo didn't answer, Baekhyun flicked him in the side of his head. "Hey, I asked you a question!"

"You little brat!" Kyungsoo said, attempting to flick him back but missing. "I don't know who that is!" he lied.

"Oh, so you just stop and stare at random people now?" Baekhyun inquired. Chanyeol snorted. "You little weirdo."

"No!" Kyungsoo retorted. His eyes shifted quickly from Jongin to Baekhyun, trying to assess how best to deal with the situation. He decided to just leave Jongin there; it wasn't like he was the guy's mother. "Listen, can we just keep walking–"

"Kyungsoo!"

The shorter tensed at the sudden mention of his name. He then looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who were looking at him with raised eyebrows. "I'm sure he's calling a different Kyungsoo–"

"Kyungsoo!" Jongin shouted again, this time pointing right at the boy. "Hey, look, I'm over here!"

Kyungsoo just grinned uneasily at Baekhyun, who was now pointedly gazing at him, his arms folded and his brows creased. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was picking at his nails. "Give me a moment please..."

From there, he made a beeline for the crowd, somehow managing to slip through the thick wall of girls and drag Jongin out of the center and around a corner, behind a building where nobody could see them unless they tried hard enough to.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Kyungsoo whispered harshly, his eyes wide with both surprise and anger.

"Your living space is positively boring," Jongin replied. He then winced as Kyungsoo shot him a glare. "In my defense, I did say that I am not very good at following instructions."

"How are you even out here?" Kyungsoo continued. "I locked the door!"

"I jumped from your balcony, obviously."

"Wha– I live on the ninth floor!" Kyungsoo said, sounding exasperated.

"Is that supposed to mean something to me...?"

"Ok, I don't know what goes on on your space rock, but on this particular planet, normal people can't jump from that height and live to tell people about it," Kyungsoo explained, waving his arms around frantically as if he were mad.

Jongin seemed to ponder on this for a bit before speaking. "That would explain why everyone on the street was looking at me as if I had just burst into flames."

"Why do you still have that thing on around your neck?" Kyungsoo seemed persistent with his nagging. "People are going to think you're some kind of stripper!" He then raked his hands through his jet black hair. "You need to go back right now, immediately."

"But why?" Jongin asked, looking genuinely sad.

"Because I'm not up for explaining why I have an attractive guy in a cat collar shouting out my name to anyone who asks," Kyungsoo breathed out.