|Ch 35| The Mafia's Queen

"Now what can I get you two?" A gentle voice asks startling Stephanie who kept on looking over her shoulder in fear of her father or Leonardo showing up to separate her from Estephano. Noticing her worry Estephano frowns and reaches from across the table separating them, placing his big hand in her small one he squeezes it in assurance to which she sends him a small grateful smile in return her eyes glancing behind his shoulder where he felt someone looking in there direction only to find no one there.

Clearing her mind of any negative thought Stephanie rides herself of the frown and smiles kindly up and the older woman who wore a yellow checkered dress and a white apron. Her rich brown tendrils in a coiffed updo frames her older face stretching the few wrinkles that came with adulthood, her pink lips in an adoring smile as she looks down at the lovely pair that is Estephano and Stephanie.

When her eyes glance at the pairs conjoined hands the sight of a sparkly ring that glistened with the sun's fiery rays has her eyes widening in shock momentarily before an even bigger smile stretches across her fair complexion.

"Congratulation," the middle-aged woman declares with a kind tone, reminiscing the memory of her own engagement back in 1950 nearly thirty-five years ago.

Smiling kindly at the woman Estephano squeezes Stephanie's hand taking notice of the blush now adorned on her cheeks, "Thank you," he replies in a soothing voice unable to stop the smile from reaching his eyes as he looks at Stephanie his future wife.

The woman slightly bends her head in a nod before pulling her tiny notepad out and with a small laugh, she shakes her head remembering she was working, "Right drinks; perhaps some lemonade, water, coffee? You name it hun and we have it." The waitress chirps with a grin the sun kissing her skin in a soothing caress.

Nodding Stephanie places the menu on the table, "Can I please have a lemonade," she kindly asks and the woman nods the smile not faltering as she writes down Stephanie's request.

Looking to Estephano silently asking him for what drink he would want he removes himself from his deep thoughts and smiles sheepishly at both women looking at him exceptionally.

"Just a coke for me," comes his husky voice the dazzling smile making Stephanie swoon.

'How did I manage to be able to call him mine for the rest of my life?' She thinks to herself smiling at him as if she were a high school girl swooning at a fantasy of her and a high school crush. It wasn't a fantasy for her this was the reality of things. She was engaged to Estephano and she felt her stomach flutter wildly.

"I'll be right back with your drinks. In the meantime why don't you two think of what you would like to order for food." The women kindly respond's biding her farewell for now.

When the women leaves Estephano just gazes at Stephanie as if she were a sky filled with stars. She was beyond beautiful and her personality just as beautiful.

Feeling his heated stare on her face Stephanie's cheeks turn an apple red and she twiddles nervously with her hands under the table.

'How is it that he can make me feel so nervous still?' She wonders to herself as she pulls back a strand of hair that had fallen like a drape against the windows of her eyes.

"...so beautiful..." She hears Estpehano breathlessly mutter under his breath only causing her cheeks to redden even more than before.

Before more could be said between the two lovers the waitress returns with their drinks and after placing both cups of cold drips on the surface of the table as well as taking their order she leaves them to their small chatter as she goes to tell the chef their order.