| Ch 30| The Mafia's Queen

Thank you, Next

Stephanie sits slump on her bed as she does most of her time now.

She was both unmotivated and unwilling to get up and dressed. But she had to get dressed as Anthony who would be here any minute now to pick her up for their date tonight.

Just thinking about their date made her sick to the stomach. It was as if fate was telling her that going out with Anthony was a sin. She felt it in her heart that if she went out with Anthony she was cheating on Estephano.

When the thought of Estephano comes to her mind she frowns her eyes landing on the window where the glowing sun was slowly drawing back down to its home.

She knew she wasn't cheating on anyone by going to this date, especially not Estephano who had clearly moved on from what they ever had. He had given up on the possible future they could have had so now it was her turn to do the same.

If she didn't go out tonight she would be cheating herself of a possible life of happiness and love.

Despite wanting really badly to move on for her sake and the sake of her already shriveled heart she was finding it especially hard believing she wanted to ever find happiness with Anthoney. She didn't want Anthony, she wanted Estephano. She didn't want to find happiness if it wasn't with Estephano. She didn't want to go out tonight knowing Estephano wouldn't be the one behind the door. Her brain and heart were in a turmoil and she didn't know what else to do but let herself waste away in her room thinking about the unjust fate had mapped out for her from birth.

She lost her mother before she could walk her down the aisle.

She was slowly dying of a broken heart she knew it.

She couldn't have the man she truly loved

She was doomed for tragedy...

'Why did Estephano have to be a Bandoni? Why did he have to be a criminal? But most importantly why did I have to be my father's daughter?' She began to think to herself.

Sitting up on her bed the sun rushing to hide from the anger and disbelief slowly emitting from Stephanie who wished things could have been different so she could be happy.

Flamming red like a prickled rose Stephanie lost sight of the good in her life.

She still had her father who loved her beyond what words can explain.

Estephano was not right for her.

Being with him would lead to her end

Anthony, on the other hand, was perfect for her.

He was a male copy of Stephanie herself. Light hair, fair skin, well manners, both came from a family of officers and most importantly everyone secretly wanted them together.

Everyone but herself wanted this and like always her opinion didn't matter.

No one saw her capable of making her own decisions. It was always protect Stephanie, make sure she is never injured. But worse of all, no one ever took her seriously.

All they saw in her was a weak little naive princess who lets her father protect and control her like his personal doll and she was sick and tired of being seen as a child. She was tired of being seen as some object they could control when she was in fact a woman who could vote and make her own decisions. She was not a fool and she knows what she wants and what she wants is something even her princess brain knows is impossible but her father was a fighter and so was she.