|Ch 28| The Mafia's Queen

Foolishly in love

It wasn't until hours after the sun went down that Stephanie finally returned home where her father was anxiously waiting for news of her whereabouts. The floorboards nearly having been burned with how much he had paced above them. Eduardo knew his daughter was not in a right state of mind, she was in heartbreak and too much of anything could lead her to the edge of the cliff she was slowly etching towards.

He just wasn't sure if what he and his friend had spoken about on the phone earlier had somehow made its way towards her ears resulting in that last final push she needed to finally sink down the cliff of her purest agony.

With no means of communicating with her, Eduardo sighs in frustration and leans against the wall, running his fingers through the tuff of his hair and for the first time in his life he didn't know what to do. He was a police officer for crying out loud! He dealt with missing people on a daily basis but now that the missing person was none other then his daughter it was as if the police officer he was had left him alone. All the skills and knowledge pertained by an officer had been erased from his being and were replaced with thoughts of never seeing his little flower ever again...

With the wind brushing her unruly locks behind Stephanie walks with a defeated slouch down the bare streets in the night. Her dress had grass stains coated all over the material and her entire body shook in a tremor only the iciest cold could bring to the sensitive skin. She felt cold from the inside out, wanting nothing more but to freeze completely and forget everything surrounding her. Hope was draining from out of her like a shattered vase. Too many holes having been punctured so much so that the glass of her heart could no longer be super glued by the cheapest glue her father had tried using upon her.

She could never love Anthony...Her heart had already been given to another and there was no turning back, it wanted what it could not have and now that love had played her until she was on the ground there was absolutely nothing she could do but lay on the ground defeatedly.

Anthony, the man her father had foolishly tried to use as the glue to mend her broken heart had caused nothing more but further damage to her already frail heart and she had foolishly believed in her father allowing her to fall deeper into the hatred she was slowly feeling for herself. And slowly just as the night grew colder she found that her self-loath grew as she realized that no one but herself was to blame when it came to losing the love of her life. It was all her fault that Estephano was now to be happily married with another

All her fault...

Seeing a dark figure walking the bare streets the neighbors all draw in their curtains to ward off what they thought was a brute but was really only the golden girl, Stephanie, who was not so golden this night.

Stephanie's fingernails carried dirt deep within them from when she had clawed at the grass like the beast of the jungle and the mascara she had on her voluminous lashes was now running like ink streaks down her pasty cheeks leaving behind stains.

And as she pushed open the door with a creak Stephanie didn't even look up at her father when he shouted her name in glee. She felt dead and wanted nothing more but to hide away in the comfort of her room, most specifically her bed.

At the sight of his disheveled and heartbroken daughter, Eduardo sighs running up to her and clutching her stiff body tightly as if afraid that if he let her go she would fall to the floor like shattered pieces of glass.