|Ch 8| The Mafia's Queen

The Devil and the Lamb

Wiping the sleep from her eyes Stephanie watches as the tree's pass by in a blur. The soft tune in the background easing her worries with each step closer she gets to Rome.

Feeling a hand pat her thigh in comfort her face turns to look towards Emily who smiles sadly at Stephanie before directing her gaze back onto the road.

After seeing how torn her friend had been Emily felt bad and knew Stephanie was in no shape to be alone so she followed Stephanie back to Rome as Eduardo meant a lot to her as well.

"You okay?" Emily asks her friend who can only nod her head when on the inside Stephanie is panicking not sure of what to do the moment they reach Rome.

Does the staff at the police station know her father was missing? Is he even missing or was it just a coincidence that Estephano answered the phone? No of course it wasn't a coincidence. Why would he be in her father's office to begin with they hated each other from the way she saw her father reacting to Estephano's presence the day she first met him.

Something seems off with Estephano's identity and she is going to find out and make sure her father was okay.

Looking in the side mirror of the car Stephanie frowns when she sees two black Lincoln continental mark iii driving close behind them. The same cars that have been following after them for the past two hours now that she thinks about it.

Stephanie looks away from the cars to tell Emily about her suspicion, "Emily there are-" she starts only to get cut off by her own scream when the small fiat uno that is Emily's car gets hit from behind causing the car to move to the line beside them that travels in the opposite direction when Emily sharply turned the wheel on impact.

Both girls scream as they see a car approaching them flashing its light and honking telling them to move and Emily acts on impulse and turns the wheel the car swerving back to the correct lane with a screech, the smell of burned tiers fresh in the air.

Sighing in relif Emily laughs out loud like a maniac as both of them just missed death by a second.

"Emily what the hell! Why are you laughing?!" Stephanie shouts clutching onto the handle of the car feeling her stomach swish around and bile rise to her mouth meanwhile Emily rolls her eyes in response to her friend's anger and panic state.

"We just outsmarted death! Woohoo!!!" Emily shouts with glee making Stephanie open her mouth wide in disbelief unsure of what to utter.

Noticing her friend was upset Emily drops her smile and clears her throat, "Look I'm sorry It's just that was awes-" Emily goes to say awesome but is cut off by Stephanie who hushes her and lowers the music.

With a frown Emily looks at Stephanie, "You don't have to be rude, I said I was sorr-" Again Emily is cut off by Stephanie who was watching the mirror out by the car intently.

"Be quiet, listen." Stephanie scolds her eyes looking outside where loud music was blaring and fireworks?

Hearing three loud sharp bangs going off behind them Stephanie's eyes widen seeing the same two cars as before but this time there were two more and there was a man with a gun sticking out the car, his face covered in a plastic sinister mask that has Stephanie and Emily who now notices the cars shake in fear.

"Holly shit!" Emily panics pressing down on the gas trying to lose the four cars with men heavily armed and cheering wildly. Guns being parade out the window and their cars roaring like lions after their prey; the two little lambs.

"Emily their catching up!" Stephanie screams through her panic state. Her eyes are widened in horror as she looks at every single car close behind them.