|Ch 10| The Mafia's Queen

From a white rose to a red rose

Ignoring his mother Estephano watches intently as Stephanie cowers away from him just like the first time they meet causing his forehead to crease into a frown.

The moment he heard his father tell him that the girl was brought as well as a raven-haired woman he was shocked but it was replaced with fury when he learned that they were injured.

Estephano was so enraged that he didn't think before he ran out of his father's office on a mission as he ignored both his father's shouts to come back and his brother who was cursing knowing what Raven-haired women got caught in the crossfire.

Marquez didn't love the raven-haired beauty named Emily but he did like her some bit and he found himself caring about her well being so just like his younger twin he too ran out of the room to where his father had told him their mother took the girls and Marquez just as his brother ignored his father's shouts.

Stephanie gazes at the three men standing tall before her and she finds herself hiding behind Melanie noticing their sharp gaze was only on her, "Estephano what is the meaning of this!?" Leonardo finally shouts his voice rough and threatening.

The loud sudden angry voice causes Stephanie to flinch from the harsh tone that sliced her eardrums leaving behind fear.

Noticing his father was scaring Stephanie Estephano turns to glare at his father.

"Shut up you're scaring her!" He growls just as loud if not louder shocking everyone in the room especially his father who cannot believe his son the good one of his two boys had yelled at him and because of this woman, the enemies daughter.

"Shut up! Did you just tell me to shut up!" Leonardo shouts in rage walking up to his son in fast strides. The two getting ready for a fight over the female currently shaking like a tea kettle.

Hearing the shouting Emily wakes up with tired eyes only for them to widen at the sight of two men about to fight while Marquez who she hasn't spoken to since she left Rome watched his father and twin ready to fight with an amused grin and a twinkle in his eyes.

Sensing her heated stare on him Marquez turns to look at Emily and sending her a wink causing her cheeks to flush red.

His gaze then returns to his father and brother as well as his mother who now stood between the two like the lioness she is, the only one that could tame all three of the Bandoni men was Melanie herself.

"Enough!" She shouts long gone her gentle soothing voice.

The father and son ignore her demands and try to throttle one another until she screams louder in a fierce tone no one has ever heard her use before, "Stop it this instant the both of you!" She growls pushing her son and husband back before they getting to a brawl that would scare the poor young female behind her.

"Why are you protecting the enemy Estephano!" Leonardo shouts pointing an accusing finger at Stephanie with distaste.

Seeing the loath Leonardo held against her Stephanie visibly cowers away and her teary eyes close and she wishes she was in a field of flowers and not in this room filled with hatred and male testosterone.

"You choose that bitch over your own family!?" He continues to rave only to stop when a stinging pain hits his left cheek causing his head to fall to the side and the room stills for the second as the echo of skin being whipped resonates around the room like a cry of anger.

"Leonardo!" Melanie shouts slapping her husband after he insulted an innocent woman who couldn't even harm a fly if she wanted to.

She was like a bunny, soft and easily spooked. How could her husband see her as an enemy Melanie thinks as she glares at her husband with disappointment swirling in her brown pools just as guilt fills her bosom with the look of utter shock and betrayal displayed for her to see in her husband's eyes.