My Love is Gone

*Sonic*

"Here is were it ends Sonic." Eggman opens the door to the Lab reavealing a huge water tank. "Oh Tails where are you?" Eggman asks snickering. Something can be seen moving out of the shadows. Tails comes limping over. Everyone gasps. Tails looked like he had been run over by a train, he was so thin. Like he hadn't eaten in days. "Your water tank is ready." Tails said while looking at Sonic. He mouthed something to Sonic. "Trust me." Sonic nodded his head. "Alright Sonic you first. I've waited for this day my whole life!" Eggman said laughing. "Tails will you please tie up the blue pinapple please?" Tails looked over at Eggman. "His name is Sonic." Tails said coldly. "Why you little." Eggman walked over and slapped him across the face throwing Tails to the floor. Tails had blood dripping from his mouth. Sonic struggled in the cuffs. Tails got up and walked over to Sonic. "That's what I thought." Eggman said moving to his original postion in the room. "Sonic, when I say now I need you to spin dash those two robots to the right okay? Tails looked into Sonic's eyes. Sonic looked back into those shinning emeralds. He saw a twinkle of hope and that was enough for Sonic. "Okay." Sonic said quietly. Tails wrapped the rope around the cuffs. Tails moved back to the controls and pressed a button. The rope rose and before Sonic knew it he was 15 feet above the water tank hanging there. "Any last words Sonic?" Eggman said amused. "Eh let me think about it for a moment." Sonic said sarcasticly. "Errrggg. Tails drop him now!" Tails pressed a button and yelled the word now. Sonic dropped and was realeased from the handcuffs. He quickly locked on target and began spin dashing the robots. The sparks from the robots caught on to some paper and electronics starting a fire. Tails pressed more buttons releasing the others they all began fighting the robots that were coming through the door. *Bang* a gun went off meeting it's target. Eggman smiled, he squeezed through the door and jumped in his Eggmobile. He rode out of the lair quickly. Locking all the doors with a master's key. When all the robots had been destroyed in the lab the others all grouped together. "We need to get out of here!" Villeta said yelling. Tails moved over to Sonic and put a note in his hand. Sonic looked at Tails confused. Tails winced from some kind of pain. "How do we get out of here?" Knuckles said banging on the door. "It's locked!" "Everybody move towards the door!" Tails said. "I can open up the doors all the way outside but only for a brief couple minutes." A piece of the cieling fell shattering the tank with water. The water flowed into the cellar. The fire kept spreading. Eating up everything it touched. They all nodded. "Tails walked back over to the computer. "Everybody ready?" Tails said quickly. Sonic looked at Tails. Something wasn't adding up. "Now!" Tails yelled. Everyone pushed there way out including Sonic. A thick glass door came down shutting them out from the lab. "Wha--?" Everyone said confused. Tails walked over to the door. One hand on his abdomen. "What's going on?" Sonic looked at the glass door. He began Spin dashing the door over and over again. Tails sat next to the door one hand on his abdomen still. He rested his head against the doorway and looked out at Sonic and the rest of the team. "I'm sorry Sonic that it had to come down to this." Tails said breathing heavy and moving his hand showing a bullet wound in his abdomen. "Shadow, knuckles come help me brake open this door!" Sonic said quickly. "Sonic no!" Tails said looking into the hedgehogs eyes. "It's no use, nothing can penetrate through that door." Sonic began crying not caring what the others think. "No Tails I won't leave you in there! Your not dieing on my watch!" Sonic began to spin dash the door again but Villeta held him back. "Sonic we need to go." "No not without Tails!" Sonic fell on the ground and looked into the glass at Tails. Tears running down his face. Shadow looked away while all the others had tears running down their eyes. Another piece of the cieling fell braking the control panel and all the machinery inside the lab. "Sonic remember all the times you said you would never leave me and you had to? I need you to do it one last time for me okay?" Sonic Began weeping more. "Sonic I love you." Tails said looking into the hedgehogs eyes. "Tails I can't let you die because I love you too!" Tails smilled a big smile. "Really? Well to bad I didn't know sooner." He laughed wincing at the pain. " Sonic don't ever forget about me okay? I will always be right here." He pointed towards the hedgehog's heart." Sonic looked into the glass at Tails and held his heart. It hurt greatly. "Tails put his hand up to the door and smiled. "Friends forever." Sonic put his hand where Tails's was. "And lovers forever." He said smiling with tears running down his face. Tails stared at the hands and smiled. He looked back at Sonic and stared until his hand fell and he closed his eyes. "Noooooo!!!" Sonic said screaming and pounding on the door. "Sonic we have to go!" Shadow said. "This building is going to collapse any minute." Villeta grabbed Sonic's arm. "C'mon son. Let's not waste Tails's death." He nodded and the whole team ran. One by one the cieling fell onto the floor. Walls crumbled and pillars fell. "We are almost there!" Yelled Sticks who was guiding them through the rubble. They all ran faster untill the light of day blinded them. They ran another 40 feet from the building and watched it collapse in on itself. They all looked around. "Is everyone okay?" Amy said looking for any wounds on people. Sonic opened up the note Tails had given him and began reading.
Dear Sonic,
We had fun the last few years and I grew closer to you then ever before.....