Chapter Six

I jolt awake and choke down the bile crawling up my throat as my mind swims with the memory of what happened that night all those years ago. I can't help the sob that rips through me as I see the glassy eyed stare of my parents looking back at me and the laughing face of the monster that gleefully took their lives.
I remember when the group of strangers raced into the room their eyes round in shock as they saw me lying next to the dead bodies of my parents, silently taking in the carnage around them. I heard their muttered prayers to the Goddess Hecate and felt a shiver of fear as they say this not understanding why, not caring when I was so cold inside.
I remember the dark damp room they put me in, nothing but a small cot and a hole to use for the toilet when they entered, the twelve Elders of the Coven of Hecate garbed in their ceremonial cloaks as they began chanting and the sudden pain that ripped through my skull, tearing through my mind like a tornado and shattering any memory of that night and the eight years before. I was raised to follow the ways of Hecate since that day knowing nothing of my parents or the events of that night, being raised with the other children and meeting Luc... Lucas, the pain spears through my chest at the thought of his warm amber eyes and laughing smile then my mind flashes to the dream vision and I look upon him as the cold stranger, smiling coldly as he ripped my world apart with his brutal words.
I'm drowning in hate and revenge, the need to hurt someone is overwhelming and I crawl off the bed letting this feeling take over. My whole being shakes with wrath and when I feel a burning on my wrist, I notice the slim silver chain melting off my skin and power crashes over me in intense burning waves and I scream in a mixture of pain and anger. I feel him coming before I see him walk through the door his seductive dark magic rolling over me as those quicksilver eyes pin me in place, I tremble with the need to lash out to release the built up magic that swims within me.
"Dante... I can't control it! I need to-" He growls deep in his chest before sifting in front of me and grabs my arms holding them tight the pain causing me to gasp out loud.
"I know what you need love, let it go."
He drops his lips to mine and I release the hold on my magic letting it loose and can't help the moan that escapes me as his tongue slides into my mouth letting him feed on my power. Feeling light headed as he deepens the kiss he pulls me tightly against his hard body and electricity lights my veins not with magic but lust, the room spins as he feeds deeply both from my power and my lips, body tightening with a foreign need that scares me until he pushes me away suddenly and I feel strangely bereft not being in his arms.

"Rosa...Fuck!" He lifts his face to me and I take a step back at the raw need I see there, feeling a blush steal into my cheeks as he growls low in his throat.
"By the Gods! You taste fucking sweet!" He stalks closer as I back away his eyes tracking my every movement. "You are pure raw fucking need and anger wrapped in a sexy little package and it's taking everything not to come over there and rip that scrap of silk from your body and fuck you every way imaginable."
My legs shake as I fight the urge to run not quite convinced anymore that it would be away from him and instead I'd run back into his arms. Sucking in a shaky breath I try and control my stupid hormones and clear my head enough to speak knowing I had a million things to tell him, important bloody things and yet I couldn't keep my eyes off his mouth. Backing up my legs bump into the bed and my eyes grow wide at the predatory look on his face, the wolfish smile spreading as he moves closer. I need to stop this! I don't even like the guy! Seriously Rose what the hell is wrong with you?
"Your giving off the most delicious scent love, if any other Demons smell it they won't be able to stop themselves from claiming you. Skata!" He closes his eyes and inhales, a shudder running through his big body and I start to panic at his words.
"The Awakening has begun and it couldn't have come at a worse fucking time! We need to be focused right now, we need to find the prick that came here-"
"I know who he is... I remember everything Dante, everything that happened to my parents, the Coven and what they did... I know who he is and he isn't going to stop until he has what he wants."
"Who is he Rose?"
"His name is...his name is Mammon." I shudder as his name passes my lips but watching Dante reel back in shock had me feeling sick to my stomach.
"Are you certain of this Rose? I mean one fucking hundred percent sure that its Mammon?"
"YES!" I scream at him getting pissed off because I was scared knowing from the look on his face he knew exactly who this guy was. "You know him don't you? Who is he?"
A low warning rumble comes from deep within his broad chest and suddenly I'm nose to nose with him as he sifted within a blink of an eye, shit I don't think I will ever get used to that.
"Oh yes Rose I know him, I know him very well you see he's... my Brother."