Jongyu - Lullaby

A/N: Oh my god yall, I'm back!

In which Jinki is Jonghyun's more than friendly neighbour who comes over whenever he is needed.

Based on Jinki's station mv for Lullaby and Jonghyun's mv for Lonely (again).

Word count: 1,7K

Jonghyun's sly hands arise from the lukewarm water and find the lazily tied bow around Jinki's waist, his soapy fingers pull at it. With the loosening bow, more and more of Jinki's body is revealed to Jonghyun's eyes. Jinki, unphased, smiles down at the bathing Jonghyun. He found it weird how all of his clothes are still on but Jonghyun, his neighbour, is a weird one. He has always known that. Jonghyun's eyes are as big and round as a young puppy's. He pulls at the open robe until Jinki pushes it off his shoulder. He gets pulled closer by the hem of his boxers and Jinki drops them. He slides into the tub across from the fully clothed Jonghyun. This is not the first time Jonghyun has called this late at night and had him sit in his bathtub. This is not the first time Jonghyun smiles just because Jinki is here.

Jinki has never said no to Jonghyun. Once, he ditched his friends and rode his bike all the way across town to get into the tub with Jonghyun. His friends call him obsessed but Jinki knows he is only caring for his fragile neighbour and nothing but the smile on Jonghyun's face is worth all of that trouble.

Jonghyun and Jinki love each other. It happened after that one night where all Jonghyun wanted from Jinki was for him to taste the food he was cooking. He had stayed because he had heard the messy sentences for what they were: A little too much alone time. Jinki wrapped his arms around Jonghyun as he cooked and every so often would be fed a little taste to which he would make a satisfied humming sound. His stomach exploded with warmth, not because of the food but because of Jonghyun. It was love and it still is love in the little bathtub with his knees up to his chin and Jonghyun caressing his hand. They smile at each other until one of them shies away. It is puppy love at its most serious.

Jinki's life was not missing anything before. Nothing before he left Jonghyun's house for the first time. It was like the smack of the door was a gunshot right to his heart that could only be healed by Jonghyun's aromatic presence. He smells like a lot of things, none of which are possible for Jinki to place. Jonghyun smells like Jonghyun.

Jonghyun takes his wet clothes off with some difficulty before stepping out of the bathtub. Jinki hands him the bathrobe that he so conveniently had been wearing when Jonghyun called him. Jonghyun finds Jinki a towel and he dries up until he can step into his underwear again and explore. Jinki finds the duvet sprawled on the sofa. That means Jonghyun has had an unproductive day. His finger has most likely been hovering over Jinki's name in his contacts all day until he mustered up the courage to call after sundown.

Jinki crawls under the duvet to find the sweet smell of Jonghyun and a softness like no other. His big toe brushes up and down the soft material until Jonghyun comes back with a trey and Jinki's robe. It goes on the floor and Jonghyun cuddles his back up against Jinki's tummy. They share the softness and the moon's tender light. It dances off Jonghyun's arm and Jinki plants a few kisses there.

Jonghyun is the most comfortable when the moon and the stars are shining down on the two houses. In fact, Jinki rarely sees Jonghyun when the sun is up. He likes winter because Jonghyun calls at six instead of 10 and there is a lot more need for his warmth in the big empty house. Jinki likes it better than his own house. They are both too big for one person and it feels silly that they do not share one space together.

"I should move in."

"Why?"

"So I don't have to walk back and forth every night."