Onkey - Where Do We Go?

In which writer Kibum regulars the café Jinki works at and somehow they end up at Jinki's flat for dinner.

Another oldie that I have reread and found I don't like. I did a touchup so the language is nicer but the story is not my favourite. Feel free to skip ;) haha

Wordcount: 3,1K

"Just the usual," Kibum said as he pulled out his laptop from his bag. Jinki nodded, restraining an unprofessionally huge smile that threatened to show. He turned on his heel and let his lip twitch slightly upwards for a short moment only. He made Kibum his usual iced Americano and plated the cheese scone.

"Here you are." Jinki set the items down by Kibum's computer at which Kibum turned his head and sought out Jinki's eyes.

"Thank you Jinki. It's been a lot longer than I would have prefered." He smiled up at Jinki, who allowed himself to smile back without a second's thought.

"I've been away to visit family. It's good to see you again," Jinki explained, politely bowed his head and left Kibum to his writing. He sighed as the sharp yet sweet smell that belonged to Kibum disappeared as he did another spin on his heel, returning to his work.

Jinki knew that Kibum would stay until closing time. He always did. It was 5:23 when Jinki brought him his last cup of coffee; hot. The last cup is always hot. The couple by the window left at 5:26. Jinki finished at 5:28. Kibum looked up to realise what time it was at 5:29. He turned around to see Jinki undo the knot on his apron, downed the last bit of coffee and walked to the counter with his empty mug at 5:30.

"I didn't even notice it was closing time," he excused. Jinki grabbed the mug to wash it.

"No problem. You know better than anyone that I'm lucky if everyone's gone at 5:30." Jinki placed the mug back onto the shelf stacked with colours bright as Jinki himself.

"True. And I'm a blessing to be in the same room as anyways," Kibum joked but Jinki silently agreed with.

"You're so full of yourself, Kim Kibum," Jinki chuckled and picked up his jacket and backpack from under the desk. Kibum opened his mouth to reply with another one of his endless sassy remarks when Jinki spoke up. "Now... Follow me home and I'll cook you a delicious dinner. You must be broke seeing as you spend every last coin you have on new designer clothes," Jinki teased, walking towards the door. Kibum gathered his stuff and made a hissing sound at the remark as he caught up to the barista boy.

"Says the guy who tells me the number of caps and snapbacks he owns is larger than the number of words in my first book," Kibum scoffed, "but I never say no to free food. I will admit that as a young, undiscovered writer I am not of the richest kind."

"I promise to treat you more often then." Jinki held the door for Kibum and they walked the few streets to Jinki's flat. Kibum and Jinki had only spoken once before outside of the café when they bumped into each other at the supermarket about four months back. As a result of this, Kibum felt a tinge of excitement to be entering Jinki's home. He took note of this feeling, thinking it could be used in a story of his. The whole flirty atmosphere between the two made ideas pop up into Kibum's head that he prayed not to forget before he had put them down on paper. Jinki lived on the highest floor, so the elevator ride was long and somewhat awkward. Kibum looked down at his soft hands and then over to Jinki's dry ones. He wondered if it was laziness, forgetfulness or the many times he had his hands under the water of the sink in the café. Jinki had his eyes closed the whole ride up. He didn't know where to look and he felt his body starting to tell him that it needed a break. A nap? The elevator came to a stop and the doors slid open with the squeak of a midlife crisis. Kibum scrunched his nose upwards and slid out of the elevator after Jinki.