"Hey, you too! This place looks great! You've outdone yourself Ms Lopez." You wink, eyeing the decorations adorning every piece of the house.

"I can't take all the credit, my team is amazing! So, let me get you a drink and you can tell Auntie Jen all about this last week." Taking your hand with a knowing her sympathetic grin, she pulls you through the crowd as to smile and wave a hello at a few familiar faces. "So, pick your poison."

"Surprise me."

"Have you spoke to her?"

"Nope."

"And are you planning too?"

"At some point, maybe give it another week." You laugh, nervously.

"Well, I must warn you. She's here. She turned up now long before you."

"I thought she would." You sigh, taking the drink from her hands. "Thanks."

"For the drink or the warning?"

"Both. I'll just stay clear. I'm here for you and my friends, I can forget about it tonight."

"You should. Have some fun girl! But please don't give up on her."

"I think she's already gave up on us Jen. I love her so much but god, she can drive me insane."

"I understand. I've known Demi a long time now and I know more than anyone, she can act on impulses and not think before she speaks or acts that why this happened I assume. I called her this week and she was so mad at herself for saying the things she did and kicking you out. Don't get me wrong, she's still mad with you but she knew she made it worse."

"She did but I'm just as bad." You don't know why you're defending her but you felt the need too.

"She loves you." Jen shrugs. "That's very clear. Once the anger fades, you should talk. Maybe you can work it out, I bet my money you can. You're perfect for each other and I've never seen her this happy before. Well before the argument, that is."

"I won't give up on her. I know how she can be and I know she finds it difficult sometimes to control her emotions. I don't care about that. I don't care that much about her kicking me out or her saying the things she did but I just want her to be able to acknowledge that and apologise. I won't bow down to her every time this happens and I certainly won't be kicked out every argument we have. She needs to open up and talk properly or this relationship won't work. I refuse to be in another unhealthy relationship."

"You both deserve a happy relationship and I think you're it for each other. You've just gotta communicate better. I've dealt with exactly the same, me and my partner was the same at the start. You'll work it out, I know you both enough to know you won't give up so easily. Call her tomorrow or in a few days time and talk through it. Don't make me come and bang your heads together to make you see you're perfect for each other!" Laughing at the last comment, you promise to call her in a few days before leaving her to greet the other guests. She was right, you weren't giving up that easily.

-

The party had been going on around two hours and you were still being dragged into conversations with mutual friends and work colleagues but you couldn't help but just want to find your true friends and have a good time. Conversations with people trying to get the exclusives on your relationship wasn't what you came for.

Just as you saw someone catch your eye, you nearly sprinted out of the room before you realised who it was. FINALLY, some good company! "Kels, Jill, it's good to see you." You smile, hugging the blondes. "Is Lauren here too?" You ask, scanning the crowd.