My Thigh Is An Attraction For Pain

▸Endlessly - The Cab

The hunters roughly grabbed Ethan and I, forcing us to stand on our feet. I hissed at the pressure on my injured leg.  They dragged us down many halls. I made a mental note at each turn, knowing it will be useful for the future...hopefully. A door was opened and we were shoved in. I stumbled forward, Ethan catching me before I fell.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I heard the door close behind us. Ethan tilted his head, listening to what the hunters were saying on the other side of the door.

"They're going to go ambush Scott and the pack." Ethan looked down at me with worry.

"They'll be fine." I muttered, limping towards the wall and sitting down. I squeezed my eyes at the pain, trying my best to ignore it. "They've went through hell before, they can beat Monroe and Gerard. I know they can."

Ethan slowly nodded. He looked at me before eyeing my injured thigh. With furrowed brows he started to walk towards me.

"They said you can heal. Why aren't you healing?" Ethan asked, sitting next to me.

"I need water." I breathed out. "And they made sure to keep me away from any water close by. Oh how I wish I had a sand dollar."

"A sand dollar?" Ethan looked at me with confusion. "You know what...never mind. You weren't showing that much pain earlier."

"I'm getting better at hiding my pain." I smiled through a wince. My hands went to rip my jeans around the wound. The dark crimson blood still spilling out. I ripped a long piece off of the bottom of my shirt, basically leaving it as a crop top. I tied the fabric tightly around my leg to help stop the blood flow.

"Nevah..." Ethan started, eyeing my wound. "That looked pretty deep."

"I'll be fine." I waved him off.

"If you can't get that wound to heal soon, you're going to lose a lot of blood."  Ethan warned, giving me a look.

"Then make sure I stay awake." I said. Ethan rolled his eyes and sighed, leaning against the wall. "Oh...and I might need strips of your shirt...just saying."

"Just stay awake." Ethan chuckled.

Minutes passed by and my tourniquet was seeping with blood. Sweat was dotting on my face and exhaustion was starting to hit me. My eyes fluttered as I laid my head on Ethan's shoulder.

"Hey," Ethan softly nudged me. I blinked my eyes, looking up at him. "Stay awake, okay?"

"I'm trying my best." I murmured.

"I know, just keep trying. Stiles would kill me if he found out I couldn't keep you awake." Ethan stated.

"Oh, I know he will." I weakly chuckled out. "He'd probably threaten you first, something about wolfsbane or turning your furry ass into a coat or something."

"Yeah, he's said something along the lines of that towards me once." Ethan looked down at me with a grin. "Just in more detail...and very vivid description."

"Wouldn't slip that past him." I smiled, my eye lids feeling heavier. "Do you think we're every getting out of here...alive?"

"Hey, don't talk like that. From what I can tell, you're stubborn as hell." Ethan playfully nudged me. "And, I know the pack won't stop looking for us."

"I just want out of this hellhole and actually graduate high school." I uttered, my eyes fluttering again. It was getting harder to keep my eyes open. By now, sweat was dripping off of my face. "I would like to live past eighteen."

I blinked some more to get the sweat out of my eyes when an idea hit me. Using as much strength as I could, I willed my sweat to go to the puncture wound on my thigh.