Prologue: Road Trip Kisses

Closer - Chainsmokers ft. Halsey

"Wait, hold on." Percy's voice flooded through Stiles' cell phone as I helped Stiles finish packing his stuff. I was borrowing his phone to inform my brother about what had happened in the three months I was in Beacon Hills. "Stiles was missing for three months? Why didn't you call me? I could have helped."

"Well, I wouldn't call it 'missing'." I winced out, rubbing the back of my neck. Stiles looked up at me with a small smile as he zipped up his luggage. "The Ghost Riders kinda made him go poof."

"Poof, really Nev?" Stiles sighed, shaking his head. He licked his lips to hide his smile.

"And going poof means...what?" Percy asked.

"Erased from everyone's mind."

"More like from the existence of the Earth." Stiles walked towards me and said it into the phone. I rolled my eyes, and lightly smacked his chest. Stiles laughed, wrapping his arms around me. "Put it on speaker."

I nodded, taking the phone away from my ear and pressed the speaker button.

"I so could have gone and helped!" Percy whined. "Anything is better than studying for the SAT and DSTOMP."

"But then Annabeth would have kicked your butt." I pointed out, grinning.

"So?" He grumbled.

"Percy, bro, having your girlfriend mad at you and then kicking your butt...it's not a cool thing." Stiles told him.

"Yeah, he should know from experience." I nodded.

"Wait, me or Stiles?" Percy questioned.

"The both of you." Stiles scoffed at my reply. I grinned, pecking his cheek. "Love you."

"Yeah, sure." Stiles rolled his eyes, pouting.

"Anyways, when are you heading back home? You know it's almost close to Mom's due date, right?"

"Yeah, I know." I wet my lips, looking up at Stiles. "I'm actually about to leave in a few minutes with Stiles and Lydia to Quantico, Virginia. Stiles got accepted into their pre-FBI program so I'm going to help him set up his place."

"Alright, cool. I'll meet you guys there." Percy replied.

"Wait, what do you-"

"When should you guys be there?"

"Uh," Stiles down at me with furrowed eyebrows, "Probably in a day or two? We're planning on making stops."

"Great, see you guys-"

"Wait, Percy-"

"There." With that, Percy hang up the phone. I groaned, turning around and placing my forehead on Stiles' shoulder.

"You know he just wants to see you." Stiles softly smiled at me, running his hand up and down my arm.

"I know," I sighed. "I just wanted to try and spend as much time alone with you as I can. But..."

"But what?" Stiles looked down at me confused.

"He also wants to see you." I smiled. Stiles gave me a look of bewilderment. I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Please, I know you two have a bromance going on."

"I love you more?" Stiles joking replied. I gasped and smacked his shoulder. He laughed, holding me tighter and pressing his lips against my temple. "I love you way more."

"I love you too." I grinned, looking up at him. Closing the distance between us, I molded my lips with his. I snaked my arms around his neck, pulling my body flushed against his. Stiles slid a hand down to my hip. He rubbed circles with his thumb.