The Maiden In Black: Electric Angel

Start from the beginning

"My you are pretty like Kagome is." Hojo says smiling at me, and I look to him and wave at him and boldly shake his hand making him nervously chuckle.

"Hey Hojo, how's it crack'n lackin?" I joke out making him blink confused.

"Hojo she is jokingly saying how you are doing." Gramps says chuckling.

Hojo nervously laughs. "Oh, I am well, I have a girlfriend now."

"Oh, I'm glad, so how old are you two?" I ask.

"I'm 19." Ayumi says.

"I'm 18." Hojo says.

"That makes Kagome the same age as Ayumi right?" I ask Ayumi.

"Yep, so how old are you Kita?" Ayumi asked.

"I'm 22, I turned 22 last month." I say and Ayumi smiled.

"Happy belated birthday then." Ayumi says.

Hojo stood up waving. "I better be going I start my shift at my mother's remedy shop, bye Kita."

"Bye Hojo." I wave to him as I began talking to Ayumi about things in America.

I told her about the climate in Charleston South Carolina, about the places I recommend her to visit. The historical sites, also about the oldest tree there, it is as old as the Sacred Tree at the Shrine. "The trees are so tall, and some wild Alovera Plants get huge like the size of a little bush. The ocean is so beautiful too, I actually picked a starfish out if the water before, I brought it with me. I was going to give it to Kagome, but you know she moved to be with her husband." I tell Ayumi.

"Yeah, she married him after graduating school. I'm happy for her." Ayumi says.

"Makes me wonder when my other granddaughter will settle down?" Gramps says and Ayumi and I laugh at that.

"Gramps I highly doubt I could find someone to settle down with." I say laughing his comment off.

"You will one day my dear." Gramps says.

"Yeah when pigs fly." I joke back making everyone of us laugh at my joke.

Soon Ayumi had to leave she had a date to go to,  and Gramps wanted me to sweep the Shrine with a broom, so I got to it.

As I sweep I was listening to my music with my wireless ear buds which were white and black, and my phone was in my black and white purse over my right shoulder, which spread diagonally to my left hip.

As I sweep, I swayed my hips slowly side by side, humming the song, and made sure I got the concrete clean after twigs and stuff were scattered everywhere from the rain, I swept them into a dustpan and put them in the recycling bin over yonder.

I sweep more, and as I sweep there were visitors at the Shrine who paid respects to the Shrine who I noticed watched me do my chores assigned to me, and Gramps I noticed smiled as I was unlike Kagome who got grumpy doing these chores I made the chores fun, I had fun doing the chores as long as I'm busy, not bored I'm fine with it.

I spin around getting some more leaves raked into a pile, and used another rake to scoop the pile up and put them in a pile in a trash sack, and I noticed the visitors clapped at me in applause as I finally got my chores done. I turn off my music pushing a tiny button on my right ear bud and say to Gramps. "Do I start on the well area next?"

"Yes, that would be nice please do." Gramps says and I gently side hug him, and take the broom from earlier and go to the shrine door of the Bone Eater's Well.

I open the door, and whistle a tune as I shut the door behind me and began sweeping. I began humming to myself as I click the button again and swept the shrine, making the dust nevermore. I move my hips the the song I was listening to called Because You Are Here by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas which is a Japanese Band singing in English. "Life without you is like living heeeeeell!" I sing out and and scoop up the dust in the dustpan seeing that Gramps left a sack in here for such an occasion inside a big metal tin, I remembered we used a tin like that back home in America for trash, or recycling cans. "Huh, now I see where dad got that idea for the tin thing, from Gramps." I mutter to myself setting the dust into the can.