Chapter 19: Dustin

I quickly backed off and fixed my shirt as I looked at the door.

Kendall quickly looked down as he saw who stood in the door frame.

"Dustin! What are you doing here?" I smiled as I walked over to him.

He was, besides Kendall now, the only one who truly cared about me as a person.

Dustin looked over my shoulder, I could see he was upset about something but he tried to hide it.

"Nothing. Sorry I interrupted." he mumbled as he kept looking at Kendall.

Kendall, at his turn, didn't gave him a glance.

"Uh yeah you weren't supposed to see that, sorry." I blushed a little.

"I wonder why." he answered, sarcastically.

"Yeah James." I sighed.

"Not only James." he quickly mumbled.

"Hmm sorry?" I asked, smiling.

He mumbled a lot and I never knew what that guy was saying.

"Oh nothing, I'm outta here." he stated.

I gave him the usual hug, but it didn't feel like the regular Dustin-hug.

This one felt forced.

He walked out, slamming the door a little too hard.

As I walked back to Kendall, the timer went off.

He immediately turned off the oven and took out the last pizza's.

"Do you know what's up with Dustin? He seemed upset." I asked as I put the pizza's on the counter.

Kendall shrugged, "Probably just homesick or something."

"Do you think we should talk to him? I mean, you're his best friend and I also get along with him pretty well" I began.

"No, just leave it." Kendall cut me off, "Come on, we need to let these cool off a bit."

He grabbed my hand and leaded me outside.

*

We had washed our hands and faces by the water fountain and headed to the group cabins.

"Half an hour left to clean this. I'm glad they didn't make a hell of a mess out of it." I chuckled.

"Mh-hm, let's start." Kendall replied curtly.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked as I took off the sheets and replaced them by new ones.

"No." Kendall said.

"You sound irritated." I stated, "Did I do something wrong then?"

Kendall sighed, walked over to me and pulled me closer, "No you didn't. And I'm sorry, I'm just a little tired because we didn't have much sleep this night."

I pecked his lips, "It's okay, I kinda have the same."

"Let's quickly clean this cabin, so we can head to our own for a few minutes!" Kendall smiled.

"Sounds like a plan." I chuckled as I changed the last sheets.

We dumped everything in the laundry closet and Kendall gave me a piggy back ride to our cabin.

"So, I'm in the mood for some Mario Kart." Kendall stated as he opened the cabin door.

"Yes! Me too!" I yelled and ran over to the console.

"Ew Peach." Kendall smirked as he looked at the screen.

"Pfft, I'm a girl so I can pick Peach if I want to!" I fake-pouted.