Chapter 1: Camp Rush.

"Mom? Are you in there?!" I yelled downstairs as I was packing my bags.

"Yes honey! Need any help?" she yelled back at me.

I sighed, "Kinda, I can't fit everything in my bags!"

I heard a chuckle and footsteps on the stairs.

My mother walked into my room and shook her head, "Dear, you don't need that much! You'll be wearing the camp outfit most of the times."

She walked to my bags and grabbed a few clothes out of it.

"Here you go, now it fits." she stated as she zipped the bag.

"Thanks mom, " I grinned.

A few minutes later we heard a honk and I turned to my mom. She had a sad look on her face, but gave me a little smile.

"Mom, don't cry. It's just three months!" I said as I gave her a hug, "I'll be back before you know it!"

"I know, honey," she smiled, "It's just hard being alone for the first time since your dad.."

"Shh, you'll be fine." I mumbled in her hair, "You're strong."

My dad left me and my mom alone when I was about three years old. Mom never found another guy she wanted to live with, so it was just the two of us the whole time. And now I was going to leave her too. Just for three months, but it seemed like forever in my mom's eyes.

"I'll call you when I'm settled, okay?" I smiled as I let go of her.

Her former blonde hair was turning grey. She never dyed it anymore. My dad used to love her blonde hair, so she kept it that way for a long, long time. Ever since my dad and I broke contact, she refused to dye it ever again.

I gave my mom a kiss on her cheek and got in the cab.

******

The ride to the camp was a long one. It was in the middle of nowhere. I've always lived in the city, but my love for nature never faded away. My dad used to take me out camping when I was little and those memories never left my mind.

When I saw the ad for the camp, I didn't hesitate for one second. I wrote a long letter, explaining my qualifications, talents and why I wanted to be a counselor.

A few days later, one of the owners called me and told me they would be happy to have me there. And so my summer adventure began.

After a five-hour drive, the cab pulled over by a gate.

"I can't go further than this, Miss." the driver said to me as he tapped his cap.

"That's okay, sir. Thank you." I said as I handed him the money for the ride, "Have a safe trip back."

He smiled, "Thanks miss, you have a nice time here!"

I gave him a thumbs up, grabbed my bags from the trunk and walked over to the cabin that looked like the one on the ad, the information desk.

Opening the door, I peeked in and saw a woman sitting behind the desk.

"Excuse me?" I said as I walked over to her, "Uhm, my name's Estelle and I'm here to see Mrs. Schmidt."

The woman smiled, got up and shook my hand, "I didn't know you were coming this early! Welcome, I'm Mrs. Schmidt."

The woman seemed very kind and she made me feel welcome already.

"Let me lead you to the cabin you're staying in, dear." she said as she grabbed one of my bags and went outside.

As we walked to the cabin, she started talking about the camp and explained a few little things to me.

"You know dear, my husband and I, we thought we really needed someone new in this camp. Ever since our son Kevin stopped working here, we could use an extra hand. I'm so glad you responded to the ad!" she told me with a smile.

"I'm glad you wanted me here!" I replied at my turn.

She stopped at a pretty big cabin and opened the door, "I-uh do have to inform you that the other counselors are staying here as well. But don't worry, you all have your own room and yours even has an own bathroom."

I looked around and the cabin was amazing!

"That's fine Mrs. Schmidt. Are the others already here?" I asked as I walked to the room she put my bag in.

She nodded, "Yes, they've been here for a few days now. One of them is my son actually. He and his friends help us around ever summer vacation! And please, call me Kathy!"

"Okay I will. I'm looking forward to meet them." I smiled.

Kathy and I unpacked my bags and arranged my stuff in my room. I took a quick peek at the other rooms and I saw that most of them were cleaned and neat.And I think some kind of clothing bomb was exploded in the one next to mine.

"So as you know you'll be staying here for three months. We'll have a new group of kids coming over every month. Every group of kids is divided in three other groups." Kathy said to me as we walked by the cabins where the groups of kids would be staying.

She pointed at two green coloured cabins, "That's where the younger ones stay, 7 to 9 years old."

I nodded as we continued walking to two blue cabins.

"The 10 to 13 years old ones go here and the 14 to 16 year old ones go in the red cabin. It's not that hard actually." she chuckled.

"I think I can remember that, anything else I need to know?" I smiled as we walked back to the cabin I was staying in.

"Uhm, oh yes that's right!" she began, "Since there are six of you guys, you'll be paired up and get a different age group every month, so everyone has had every age group. I do that on purpose, because I know that some of the guys don't want to hang out with the youngest ones and I think they should!" 

I chuckled, "That's fair."

Kathy quickly showed me where they kept the supplies, where the dining hall/lunchroom was, where we could make a campfire and she told me how far some kids could go in the lake.

"And always make sure the younger ones are honest with you about swimming. If you think one of them can't swim while they say they can, let me know." she said with a serious look on her face.

"Of course." I replied as I looked at the lake. This place looked so beautiful and I couldn't wait for camp to begin.

We walked back to the cabin and I grabbed something to drink.

"Camp starts tomorrow, so I hope one day's enough to get you settled down a bit?" Kathy carefully asked.

I nodded, "Yes it is, I'm good with settling down. Nothing to worry about."

Kathy smiled and we heard some noise at the door. I heard a few voices and got up.

"Oh there they are!" Kathy smiled as she walked over to the people that came into the cabin, "Guys, she's here. Be nice, okay?"

I looked in the hallway and blushed a little. As soon as the other counselors walked in my eyes widened. Looking at the other counselors; I saw five of the hottest guys I've ever seen in my life. And I would be spending three months with them.

All day, every day.

I started to like this camp!