Chapter 17: Crush on you.

I felt Kendall smile a little through the kiss.

His lips were so soft and the kiss was so gentle.

Unlike the ones James gave me.

I wanted this kiss to last forever.

"What the hell?" James said, making me startle and back off.

"I'm sorry." Kendall mumbled as he leaned back.

I bit my lower lip and smiled a little, "Don't be."

"Kendall, I suggest you take your hands off of her." James raised his voice a little.

I felt Kendall's hands leaving my hips and I chuckled.

I turned to James, "I suggest you shut the heck up, go to sleep and let Kendall do whatever he wants"

"You can't just go on and kiss the ex and current crush of one of your friends." James stated as he put his shirt back on.

Kendall raised an eyebrow and shrugged, "I think I can because I just did that."

Logan grinned, "I did not see this coming, at all."

James walked up to Kendall and he got up as well.

"Did you do that to irritate me?" James snapped.

"I did it because I like her, obviously." Kendall replied with a smile, making James even more mad.

"You don't just kiss a girl, you don't even know if she likes you back. Maybe she still likes me!" James said with a sassy look on his face.

Kendall and James both turned to me.

"I-uh, I'm gonna go get the kids, I think it's time to go to bed." I quickly said as I got up and walked over to the lake.

*

Half an hour later, all the kids were asleep.

"I think we should get some sleep as well." Logan suggested as he yawned.

"Great idea." I agreed with him.

"This isn't over, Kendall." James hissed at him.

Kendall just shrugged and grabbed his sleeping bag.

James also grabbed his sleeping bag and ran over to me.

He dropped it next to mine and smiled, "Mind if I lie next to you tonight?"

"Uh yes, I do mind." I stated.

"Come on." James pouted.

"James, you cheated on me. Kinda twice actually. We're not getting back together. Never." I said as I grabbed my sleeping bag and dropped it next to Logan's.

Kendall's sleeping bag was on the other side of Logan.

James and Logan were asleep in two minutes and I was just moving around in my sleeping bag.

I just couldn't get some rest, so I got up and walked over to the same spot that I went to after the argument with Kendall.

Putting my feet in the water again, thinking about what just happened.

Did I still like James?

No, not anymore.

Did I like Kendall?

Yes, I think I did.

But was it all worth it?

"Hey, is it okay if I sit down next to you?" I heard Kendall ask from behind me.

I nodded, "Yeah sure."

He sat down and cleared his throat, "I uh, I'm sorry for that kiss. James was right, it wasn't really appropriate."

"It's alright. I didn't mind. Besides, we all kinda forced you to do it. So.." I replied, smiling.

"So you think I just did it because I had to?" Kendall asked, looking down to the water.

I shrugged, "Maybe. I don't know. Did you?"

Kendall sighed a little, "No. I've been wanting to do that for a long time."

"But you didn't because of me and James?" I asked, "Was that also why you acted so stupid to me?"

Kendall looked at me, bit his lip and nodded, "Mh-hm, I thought that if I was an ass, you wouldn't like me so we didn't have to, you know, be friends and hang out. I know it sounds dumb, but I just didn't wanna spend a lot of time with you, knowing that you loved James."

I chuckled a little, "That's actually kinda cute. I never really loved James though."

"You didn't?"

"No." I replied, "I mean, yes, he's hot. And yes, he's fun to hang around with. But I've always had the feeling he wasn't that great when it came to relationships."

"Then why'd you date him?" Kendall mumbled.

I shrugged again, "I don't really know. Maybe because I just wanted to be around someone who liked me a lot. Who liked me more than a friend, I mean."

"I did that. Still do though." Kendall said, blushing a light shade of red.

"But you never showed it." I chuckled as I lay my head on his shoulder.

Kendall snorted.

"Hey but if you don't like James, then you lied with Truth or Dare!"

"What?" I asked confused.

"When James asked you if you had a crush on someone, you said 'yes'. But you don't like him anymore. So you weren't telling the truth." Kendall replied, chuckling.

"Who says I didn't tell the truth?" I defended myself.

"Uh me, a minute ago?" he said, making a funny face.

"Sure, because you know what goes on in my mind huh?" I joked, crossing my arms.

"Who are you crushing on then?" Kendall smiled, revealing his dimples.

Gosh he looked so damn good.

"I'm surprised you don't know. I've been giving you hints ever since you told me you called dibs on me." I laughed.

"Wait, what?" Kendall asked me, fake-confused.

"Do I need to write it down for you?!" I joked.

Kendall nodded and grinned, "Yes please!"

I sighed grabbed a stick and wrote something in the sand:

I have a crush on you, Kendall Schmidt.

"Ooh really?!" he teased.

"Shut up. And yes, really." I blushed as I gave him a push.

He smiled a little and I blushed a darker shade of red.

I was lucky it was pretty dark.

"Who would have thought that it all turned out this way?" Kendall said as he got up.

He reached out his hand to me and I took it.

He pulled me up and close to him.

His nose was almost touching mine and I felt the warmth of his body against mine.

"I don't mind that it turned out this way." I mumbled.

Kendall smiled, leaned in a little and quietly whispered: "Neither do I."

--------------

I liked this chapter :)

So, will they officially be together? Or will they keep it a secret?

I'm having kind of a writer's block at the moment xD

For both this story and Private School Life.

If you have any suggestions for any of the books, please private message me!

(I won't guarantee I use it thoug, but maybe some of you give me inspiration!)