Chapter 15: Lasagna chat.

After lunch and winning the badminton game, we all decided it was time to get ready for dinner and pack the stuff we needed for camping tonight.
Logan and James followed us back to our cabin.
"I'm sorry for all of this, but Leah and Bree asked us and you know how they are with their puppy eyes." Logan said to me as he walked next to me.
I chuckled a little, "Yeah they're awful. But really, it's okay. No worries."
"I'm still sorry." Logan stated as he put his arm around me shoulders.
"Thanks." I smiled.

I put everything I needed in my backpack and grabbed my sleeping bag and pillow.
The other three guys already put their stuff on the couch, while Dustin and Carlos were playing some video games.
I sat down next to Dustin and he handed me a controller.
"Mario Kart, I'm quite good at that." I stated with a grin as I picked my character and vehicle.
"Ugh why are you Peach?" Carlos smirked.
"Cause I'm a girl and I like her okay!" I answered him.
Carlos started the game and soon I won my first race.
"Told you I was awesome at this." I said, throwing my hands in the air because of my victory.
"I don't wanna play anymore" Dustin fake-pouted.
"Baby." I laughed as Carlos clicked on the next race. 
Dustin took my controller and held it up high.
I got up and grabbed it, "You know we're about the same height, I can reach it." I laughed.
Suddenly James grabbed my controller and also held it up high, "Bet you can't reach this."
I gave him a look and turned around to Kendall, Dustin, Carlos and Logan; "I'm gonna help Kathy with dinner. See you guys!"
I heard Carlos and Dustin chuckle as I ignored James and walked out of the door.

Kathy and I made lasagna for tonight, with her secret recipe.
"So, what's going on lately? Are you still having a good time here?" she asked me with a smile while handing me the tomato sauce.
I haven't told her about what happened with James and Kendall.
She sensed something was wrong, but she never spoke about it.
I knew she was just waiting for me to start talking about it, if I wanted.
Shaking my head, I sighed, "Not really. I mean, I am having a nice time now. But it's been a rough two months to be honest."
I felt a tear fall down my cheek and Kathy pulled me into a hug.
"You can tell me dear, what's wrong." she said with a soft voice.
As soon as she said that, I let it all out.
What happened with James and my feelings for him.
The fight that he and Kendall had.
I even told her Kendall has said to me.
And how much it hurt me.
I told her I broke up with James, I told her about Kendall apologizing to me.
That I gave him a second chance and that I started to like him a lot now I got to know him better.
She told me that Kendall already informed her about what he did to me.
"He did?" I quietly asked as we got back to making the lasagna again.
She nodded, "Yes, one day after it happened. He told me he made the biggest mistake he could ever make."
I sighed but kept quiet.
"He hated himself for hurting someone he cares deeply about." she continued.
I smiled a little.
He cared about me, a lot.
"Thank you for telling me this, Kathy." I said as I put the lasagna in the oven,
She smiled, "No problem dear."

*

It was time to get our groups ready for camping.
James and Kendall were already at the campsite to start the campfire.
"I hope they don't kill each other." I said as Logan and I walked over to our groups.
"I wonder who would win." he answered as he put on his thinking-face.
I gave him a push, "Logan! Don's say that!"
He laughed, "Why not? It would be quite a fight though!"
I stopped and placed my hand on my hip, "And why would that be?"
Logan shrugged, "Nah you know, James is really strong but Kendall's fast and agile. So I'm not so sure who would win. And they both wanna win you over, so that's also an important factor."
I chuckled, "You have an odd imagination."
Logan made a funny face as we started walking again.

We gathered our group and walked back to the campsite.
I made sure everyone had their stuff with them and as soon as we got there the fire was already huge.
"How did this get so big?" I said with concern.
Kendall shrugged, "I don't know. I started it and I think James kept throwing wood on it."
"Who wants to make the S'mores?" James yelled to the kids and a few run over to him and grabbed the bags of marshmallows, biscuits and chocolate.
James helped them roast the marshmallows as Logan, Kendall and I sat down on a log.
Isis and Isaac handed me and Kendall a S'more while one girl from Logan's group gave him two.
"Guzzler." I chuckled as he already finished his first one.
He wiggled his eyebrows and got up to help a girl roast her marshmallow.
I looked at Kendall and saw that he still had his S'more in his hand.
"You don't want it?" I asked as I took a bite of mine.
He shook his head, "That's not it. I just, I have no idea how to eat this without ending up like last time."
I laughed, reached into my backpack and showed him my paper towels.
"No worries, I got your back!" I joked.
Kendall chuckled, grabbed one and started on his S'more.
It went surprisingly well this time.

It had to be around midnight, or a little later, when most of the kids were already in their sleeping bags.
"Can we still go swimming?" Liam asked me with puppy eyes.
The lake was literally five steps away from the campsite and the fire gave enough light for us to watch them.
I turned to Kendall and he nodded.
"Sure, be careful and be as quiet as possible okay?" I said with a smile.
Liam ran over to the rest of our group and to a few kids of the other group to tell them.
"Shh." Logan whispered as he pointed at the kids that were asleep.
We heard Bree and Leah giggle as they quietly walked by us on their tiptoes.
As soon as they were in the lake, we made sure we could still see them.
"Anyone up for a game of truth or dare?" James suggested.
"Yeah sure." Logan replied as he grabbed a thermos filled with coffee.
James looked at me and I shrugged, "Whatever, fine."
"Alright." Kendall answered.