Hardships

{Keith X Pregnant! Reader}

{Requested}

    The atmosphere was tense since he had walked in, the room seemed to close in on me as the thumps of his boots against the floor neared.

      I sat quietly at the other end of the table, eating my meal slowly while focusing intently at the table, avoiding his gaze. I found it hard to gulp down as the chair scraped against the floor and he sat across the table from me.

  No words were exchanged...

  Only silence...

       I couldn't bring myself to look at him, I knew I was guilty. The room seemed to dim to a musty grey, the air thickened so it was hard to breathe. My heart pounded in my ears and tears welled up in my eyes, I silently hoped he wouldn't notice for he would ask about what was bothering me.

      And the answer was him.

   Ever since we were stuck on a one way trip to space, him and I started a 'relationship', more of like a friends with benefits kind of thing. No feelings, no exchange of love, only sneaking into eachother's dorms while everybody slept to mess around.

  No commitment.

  Only acting upon selfish needs and desires.

    It lasted for almost three months now, however I began to feel something for him after the first month. I began to fall for him little by little, and it went to the point where I didn't want him for those lustful nights we'd spend together.

      I knew I had to ignore those feelings, but it was impossible because I knew if I told him, he wouldn't repriocate my feelings for him, and it would destroy what we had. So I never told him, and we continued with our nightly activities.

    And here I was, unable to look at him, not even for a brief moment, because I knew he would look right through me and ask.

       The tension was too much to handle, the weight was crushing me, I gripped onto the utensil and clenched my fist so hard my knuckles were pristine white. I couldn't swallow the food in my mouth, when I tried, it resulted in me sputtering and coughing. Tears had already made their way down the sides of my face, dripping down onto my lap.

      My mind was clouded in red, black, grey, white. I felt nauseous and queasy, my ears rang so loud that I didn't hear him rush to my side, patting my back and asking if I was okay.

   Then he saw my tears.

  He saw the cresent red marks on the palms of my hands.

Once I was done choking on my food, I inhaled sharply. Might as well tell him now since I knew he was damned to find out one way or another.

       I told him about the week earlier, after our night together, I started to get morning sickness. However I didn't pay any mind to it until it started happening every morning. Then my monthly cycle was one week late, then I found it too good to be true. So I took a physical using one of the pods and it turned out I had the symptoms of the early stages of pregnancy. I was two weeks pregnant.

    I didn't dare look up at him as I explained the whole situation. However his hands were on mine throughout my whole breakdown.

    I was sobbing to the point it was hard for me to breathe, I got myself pregnant with the guy I had only known for a couple of months, how was he supposed to take the news? Who was going to take care of the baby?

      The room was silent aside from my small cries. I finally mustered the courage to look up at him.

    His gaze was drawn to the floor, his pitch as black hair had fallen over his eyes so his expression was difficult to tell. His lips were in a straight line, his pale skin was dull. The grip on my hands ceased as he stood up, his jaw set.

      For a brief moment, I met his piercing gaze. The violets in his eyes danced a sorrowful symphony, he wanted to be infuriated but he couldn't because he knew that this was mostly his fault. He knew that unprotected sex would've gotten him in this situation but his selfish desires had to play the game. Of course there was a way to avoid the birth, however they both didn't want to take that route, they didn't like the idea of abortion.

      I probably looked pathetic and weak as he gazed down at me, however I could see his stone cold façade crumpling to dust, tears began to well up as the corners of his lips twitched.

     He was scared.

  As tough as Keith thought he was, he understood that a responsibility this big was something he couldn't handle, and he knew that you wouldn't be able to handle it either. He wanted to be mad, he wanted to scream, punch the wall, blame the Universe for this. However he knew he had to pay his debts, he had to raise this child because he knew you couldn't do it alone. He knew the pain of having a broken family, how it affected him growing up.

     He crouched down and rested his hands on my hands once more, looking up at me as a tear rolled down his cheek. I expected him to yell at me, take his frustration and anger out on me. However he didn't, which was quite surprising knowing how entitled he was to being a hothead.

     He opened his mouth, wanting to speak up, but he couldn't find the right words to say. Keith gazed up at me and ran his thumb over the top of my hand, slowly and gently. Although he couldn't come up with the words, his body language was relaxed in a way of acceptance, he knew that if he got angry over this, he would accomplish nothing.

We would have to overcome.