Family Bonding

《Fluff》

        It was a quiet afternoon at the Kogane household, I waited patiently for my husband and three children to get home since Keith offered to pick them up from school. I had gotten off early from work so I wouldn't be too drained to spend some time with my husband and kids during the weekend.

         I was in the kitchen, serving myself a cup of water when the kids came bustling through the door with my husband following shortly behind them.

      "Mommy! Mommy!" Lance, Pidge, then Hunk all ran into the kitchen holding crinkled papers in their hands. I smiled and crouched down, they all ran into me, hugging me as I almost toppled over. "Hi kids, how was school? What are you holding?" I asked and they held their papers out smiling proudly.

      "We made Macaroni potraits!" Pidge grinned. I saw their works of art made out of liquid glue, glitter, crayon, and macaroni. "I made you and me holding hands mommy because I love you!" Lance pointed at the stick figures holding hands, a macaroni heart surrounding it. I saw another stick figure at the bottom right corner with a frowny face.

       "Who's that?" I asked and Lance looked at the paper before whispering, "It's dad, because he's always grumpy..." the three children giggled and I laughed, Keith stood at the door way of the kitchen crossing his arms, trying to keep a serious face but failing when he sees his family laughing together.

        "Mommy look at mine!" Hunk pushed Lance aside, making him pout. The creation was a flower with little butterflies around it. "Oh Hunk that's beautiful!" His cheeks and nose turned pink at my comment, now it was Pidge's turn to show me it was a picture of a stick figure leaning over what looked like a crib. I raised a brow and looked up at her, she was quick to explain. "I wanna be a big sister someday, and I did this to show that I would take care of the baby if you had another one mommy." She gave a shy smile and I blushed softly.

        Lance gasped "I wanna little brother!"

        "I wanna little sister!" Pidge countered

        "Brother!"

                   "Sister!"

       "Brother!"

                     "Sister!"

    "I'd be fine with whatever..." Hunk spoke up quietly.

      "Alright you two that's enough." Keith quieted down the bickering toddlers, I sighed in relief.

       "Mommy and I will talk about it okay? How about you kiddos hang them up on the fridge and watch some cartoons while mommy cooks dinner." Keith ruffled their hair and they smiled before sticking their creations on the fridge and running off into the livingroom.

       "How was work?" I asked my loving husband, he had a small smile gracing his features as he hugged me from behind. "It was fine, am I really grumpy all the time?" He asked and I stifled a laugh. "Well Lance thinks you are, I wouldn't be ashamed of it." I took a sip of my water before setting the glass back down on the counter, my hands resting on Keith's.

       He started to pepper my neck with kisses and I hummed in content, his hands rubbing up and down my sides slowly, making me tense up and let out a small squeal. He pulled away and looked at me questioningly, I was biting my bottom lip as I tried to pry his hands off me.

"K-Keith..."

    He mustered his best poker face as he continued, knowing how ticklish I was, but not acknowledging it purposly. his movements became faster and I tried to escape his grasp letting out a scream, followed by laughing.

"Keith! S-Stop!"

      I struggled to free myself from his tickling torture, he finally let out a chuckle at my flailing self. He moved his hands higher and started tickling more, I tried pushing him away but failed because I was too weak from laughing.

       "Kids! Help!"

   I yelled out and soon enough, my little heroes came rushing into the kitchen.

       "Don't worry Mommy! Hunk and Lance are here to save you!" Lance yelled before dragging Hunk with him, grabbing their dad's legs and trying to get him to stop. Pidge ran up and tried to grab Keith's hands to stop him from torturing his wife. I threw my head back onto my husbands chest and let out breathless screams and laughs as the three children tried to save me.

      Then it all happened in a flash, I was being picked up bridal style and we fled to the hallways of our home, into our bedroom, the three giggling children following close behind. Lance grabbed his blue toy sword and swung it at Keith, hitting the back of his legs, Pidge and Hunk tried saving me as Lance faced the wrath of his father torturing his mom.

        We were all on the bed, Keith's tickling ceased slightly as Lance pounced on him, hitting him on the head with the sword. Pidge and Hunk grabbed each of my arm and tugged me out from under their dad. I finally crawled away as Keith was too preoccupied with Lance's 'fighting'.

       "Run Mommy! Save yourself!" He exclaimed as he was now suffering the tickling attacks. "You took my queen away! Now you must face the consequences little hero!" Keith let out an evil laugh as he tickled Lance's exposed tummy, he squealed while tears ran down the sides of his face. "Mommy we have to help Lance!" Hunk exclaimed. "I'm way ahead of you!" I jumped on the bed and onto Keith's back, pushing him over and wrapping my arms and legs around him. "Kids! Dog pile!" I ordered and they all climbed on top of him, preventing him from getting up.

       "Alright, alright, you win." He smiled up at his offspring lovingly as they high fived and smiled in victory. "Nice job team!" I kissed their foreheads and Keith huffed, I looked at him with a grin. "You too, Keith." I leaned down and tried to kiss him on the cheek until he turned his head and our lips collided, Hunk and Lance awed while Pidge let out a long 'ew'.

       After that the family stayed curled up on the bed, laughing and telling stories. Sharing little moments and switching the TV on, watching movies until they fell asleep.