Girl with Wings

{Keith X Winged! Reader}

(Modern AU)

It was twelve at midnight when Keith heard glass break in the livingroom of his apartment. Normally he thought it was someone trying to break in because it'd obviously be the first thing anyone would assume if there was a random catastrophe happening in their house.

The raven haired boy went to his closet and grabbed a bat, and went to check it out after a while of contemplating whether or not its worth getting killed by a phsyco or wait an hour for the police to get to his apartment. The first option appealed more to him.

He wasn't expecting to walk in the dark livingroom and find it completely spotless -despite the mess of glass on the carpet- he crept around and didn't spot a single living person. Which was strange because nothing could've broken into his apartment window when he was literally on the 5th floor.

He looked around until a few spots of crimson that dotted his creme colored carpet caught his eye. He followed the trail behind the couch and saw stray white feathers that had joined the trail. Keith peeked around the corner of the couch and saw the source where the feathers came from, a wing.

It was no ordinary wing, oh no, it was a ginormous wing! He took a good guess that the wing span could be 6.7 meters for one, and 9-10 meters across for both. Keith stood up slowly from his crouching position and peeked over the top of the couch. He saw a girl in a white, knee length dress, no shoes she was barefoot. She was faced away from him and was clutching her wing, wincing. He saw her hands stained with blood, along with her wing.

A gasp left his lips and she quickly whipped her upper body to face him. Her eyes were wide, striken with fear. He dropped the bat and it clattered to the ground, scaring her even more, she crawled away from him towards the wall and the mine field of broken shards. She jumped up and tried to flap her wings but she only flailed around and ended up hitting the coffee table with one wing and breaking a stool with the other. She then launched forward when she stepped on a shard, cutting the bottom of her foot. She crashed into the couch right in front of him.

"Hey, easy. I'm not gonna hurt you." Keith put his hands up slightly to show her that he wasn't going to hurt her. She quickly got off the couch and sat on the ground, eyeing him carefully.

"Are you lost? Hurt?" He pointed to her wounds and she sucked back a little bit, hiding her injured wing behind her and moving her foot behind the other.

She didn't say a word or even give him a sign that she understood, maybe she spoke a different language, or she was deaf, or she was mute? Many of these questions he kept asking himself started to not make any sense.

"Are you hungry?" She perked up and the feathers on her wings seemed to ruffle up. Keith swiftly walked to the kitchen and pulled out some ingredients to make a sandwich. He set the plate on the table and she stayed on the ground, watching him cautiously as if he was going to hurt her. Keith turned around and began to look through the fridge for a drink, then he heard the chair scrape against the tile making him jolt and turn around. She quickly snatched the sandwich and began to eat it, not bothering to savour the taste.

"Woah easy, be careful you might choke." Keith saw her pause and glare before eating again, this time a little slower. 'So she does understand me...' He thought to himself. Once she was done, she looked at the juice box in Keith's hand. He met her gaze and offered her some by sliding it across the granite counter. She drank it quickly and wiped her mouth with the back if her hand.

Keith looked at the wound on her wing, it looked like a bullet wound. She caught him staring and recoiled her wing once more, making him look away awkwardly.