The Kral Zera Part I

{Requested}

         Zarkon was finally defeated by Lotor, however that didn't stop the Galran Commanders to reclaim and enslave the planets that Voltron freed, partly because they wanted to continue the reign even after the death of their Emperor, but mostly because they wanted to prove themselves worthy of taking the new role and take the throne.

         A new war broke loose against those Galran Commanders and their fleets, they turned to their barbaric, savage ways. Now that we were sure that Lotor was on our side, he proposed a plan to take the throne, however there was countless risks. He wanted to take the black lion to Kral Zera.

       In all honesty, I was very skeptical along with Lance, Pidge, Allura, and Coran. Shiro being the Paladin and Leader of Voltron, he agreed. I grew suspicions on the way Shiro was acting, he was definitely siding with Lotor, Lashing out at his teammates, even at the Princess. At first I assumed it was due to stress about the whole situation, but something was definitely going on, since he had gotten back from his capture. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I knew we also had a greater task to worry about than just Shiro. We needed a plan for Lotor to take the reins of the Galra Empire, it was all risky.

      Even though he proved his loyalty to side with us, first of all, I couldn't help but not trust him. He could turn his back and completely obliterate Voltron, the Paladins, and enslave the universe. Secondly, I thought it was also not too good of an idea because Lotor was a half breed of Altean and Galran, which would affect him taking the throne since the Galrans wanted a full blood Galra. So we had to play out cards very carefully.

        I sighed and sat with Hunk and Pidge, opening up one of the holograms and putting coordinations. Hunk must've noticed my sudden change of mood because he looked up at me with a sympathy.

      "Hey __________, what'chya up to?"

  I gazed at him, offering a soft smile.

        "Just looking over the coordinates..."

  Hunk looked over at Pidge and she looked at me, then at the screen.

         "Looking at the coordinates for the Blade of Marmora?" She pushed her glasses up.

      I sighed, "Yeah..."

   Pidge and Hunk looked over at each other as if they were telepathically communicating.

     "You're missing Keith, huh?" Hunk spoke up carefully, I nodded then set my head on the table, my shoulders slumped. Pidge moved her chair next to mine and rubbed my back.

      "We all miss him, but he believes it's for the best. You and I both know that he's doing it to save many lives across the Universe, and so we could get home after this whole thing. He probably misses you too, after all the both of you are engaged."

     Pidge smiled softly in reassurance, I looked down at my finger where my temporary engagement ring was tied around my finger, a red string. I smiled softly recalling when he proposed to me before he left for the Blade. We had been dating for two years at that time and he wanted to keep our relationship. When he tied the string around my finger, he said that the string had a significance to the 'red string of fate' and then he said once we got back to Earth he would get me a real ring. Keith was a real dork under that bad boy image.

      "Thanks Pidge but, I don't even know if he's safe, how or what he's doing, I just want to see him again, and not through the screen."

       I sat up and continued to look at the screen in front of me.