Parent Life (Short Scenario)

Keith, my loving husband and father to our children, sat in the livingroom of our shared home, mindlessly watching the news and sipping a cup of warm coffee while our three children played with their toys on the carpet. I sat next to Keith and read one of my favorite novels quietly while leaning my head on his shoulder.

     "Daddy can we please go to Disneyland?" Pidge pushed her glasses up her nose, Lance and Hunk's eyes gleamed.

      Keith didn't look at them and had a serious expression on his face while he went to take another sip out of his mug.

       "No sweetie, sorry..."

    The three toddlers whined and begged, Keith continued to have his eyes glued to the T.V, unfazed.

     I decided to take a bold move...

    I leaned close to his ear...

     In a quiet whisper,

       "Please daddy."

       Keith turned the T.V off quickly and stood up abruptly.

    "Kids, start packing, we're going to Disneyland..."

      The kids cheered and scrambled off to their room, leaving Keith and I in the livingroom, I closed my book and stood up. Keith picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, I dropped my book and he started towards our bedroom. I kicked and flailed in protest, yelling and hitting his back. I was quickly interuppted by him slapping my butt.

"KEITH!"