Late Night Confessions

[Continuation of Homemade Lemonade]

{Requested}

•12 Years Later•

         Remember all the stuff I had said about _________? Well... let's just say, after that day, things have changed between us. We started to have play dates everyday in eachother's front yard, have dinner at eachother's houses, we even hung out at school all the time. She was actually the type of person I wanted to be around all the time, she was funny, she was understanding, and she was just a person I genuinely liked.

        Actually, I don't know if 'liked' is the word, or I even loved her, I don't even know if the feelings I had for her were platonic. I was confused, I mean, who wouldn't like her. She's the one out of a million, her smile could brighten anyone's day. She was just so perfect. I sighed softly and stared up at the ceiling, unable to sleep, I turned my head and looked at the time.

3:50 AM

      I rubbed my tired eyes and sat up, reaching for my phone on my night stand.

       I dialed in _________'s number, then I stopped before pressing the call button. I couldn't call her at three in the morning, I was gonna wake her up and she would get all cranky because of it. I shifted my body until I was sitting up, my back against the headboard of my bed. The light that emmited from my phone darkening. After what seemed like forever, I finally decided to call her, I don't know what for, but I needed to hear her voice.

      I ran my fingers through my hair nervously as I put the phone to my ear, after three rings she picked up.

    "Keith? Why did you call me? It's like four in the morning?"

     Her voice was slightly groggy but it seemed like she had been awake for a while.

       "Sorry. I just wanted to talk, I'll leave you alone if you wan-"

         "No, it's fine. I actually wanted to talk to you too."

       I already had an idea of what she wanted to talk about, now that we were eighteen and seniors in highschool, graduation was was only two months away. __________ had been planning to go to her dream university for as long as I could remember and now she was accepted, I'm really happy for her, however she was moving out of town, and so was I. We were going to two different places that were way far apart from eachother, I was terrified of leaving her.

       "Oh? About what? Is it college again?" I asked, I heard her sigh from the other line.

       "Well, it kinda relates to that... in a way. But..." She hesitated, there was scuffling and then silence again.

        "I don't know... can you come over?"

       "Sure." I don't think 'come over' was the correct term for this situation, it was more like a 'can you sneak in?'. Let's just say _________'s mom didn't like the fact that I liked coming over because, 1. I was a boy, which is basically self explanatory and 2. I accidentally cracked the wind shield of her car when __________ and I were playing soccer. Yep.

       "I'll be there in five."

        "Thanks Keith."

       We hung up and I sprung up from bed, walking over to my closet and grabbing my black sweater, then slipping on some jeans that were on the floor. I quietly made my way out of the house, not needing to worry about waking my dad since he was gone working the night shift.