Nine

Kayton POV
I knocked on my grandmas house door waiting for an answer.
Pepi:"oh my babies"she says hugging us"so why didn't you two tell me you was spending the weekend?"
Kayton:"we wanted to surprise you,but that didn't work cause you weren't home"
Payton:"yeah mom what's going on why you staying at grandmas"just as he says that our grandmas comes over to hug us
Mrs.S:"look at my college boys all grown up"
Pepi:"look boys me and your dad are going through something's but that doesn't mean we're splitting up we just need sometime away from each other"as she was saying those words you could hear the hurt in her voice.she tried her best to put on a smile to insure that it was gonna be okay,but I could see right through it.

I put my head down in disguise remembering what I had just seen my dad doing while my moms here all emotional and shit.
_
_
_
-The next day-
Payton POV
Me,Ranaye and Kayton went to go see Jamal at the very back of this park that we use to chill at when we were kids.

But instead of actually making conversation Ranaye and Jamal were just eating each other's faces while leaning on a tree.i start seeing him sort of lift her skirt up with one hand.

Payton:"woah,woah Jamal come on man you invited all of us to come and catch up can you stop all this"

Jamal pecks her lip one more time
Jamal:"alright am sorry my bad,but let me correct you on what you just said I invited you and my baby not that clown over there"
Kayton:"ay who you calling a clown"he said pushing Jamal,I pull him off and Ranaye holds Jamal back before he retaliates.

Kayton:"man am leaving"
Ranaye:"wait no Kayton don't go"he stays but stands with a pissed facial expression
Ranaye:"you two need to stop this little beef you have going on cause it's dumb and petty"
Jamal:"look baby you know I'll do anything for you,but one thing I won't do is be cool with this dude"
Kayton:"and that's fine with me"
Ranaye:"well it not fine with me...your my best friend and your boyfriend you've got to have some sort if friendship"
Kayton:"um no not happening"
Payton:"what's your issue with each other anyway?"
Jamal:"the dude ain't trust worthy.he's always been a snitch"
Kayton:"and I don't see how you can like this guy when he ain't nothing but trouble and he's just hella rude"
There was silence
Kayton:"plus Ranaye I don't know why your dating this dude when the only reason he ever asked you out was to get at me"
Payton:"oh my days Kayton you just had to bring that up didn't you"
Ranaye looks up at Jamal
Ranaye:"is this true?"
Jamal:"ye..yeah but I can explain"
Ranaye starts walking off
Jamal:"wait baby come on give me a chance to explain"
Kayton goes after her

Kayton POV
Kayton:"you alright Ranaye"
Ranaye:"yeah am fine with the fact that my boyfriend only went out with me to piss you off"she says sarcastically
Kayton:"he ain't worth your time Ranaye"
She stops walking for a sec
Ranaye:"wait Kayton do you actually like me?like as in have feelings for me?"
Kayton:"um yeah I have liked you for a while Ranaye"
She put her head down for a while then back up.
Ranaye:"look Kayton am just gonna go ahead and say that I've just never seen you in that way.your more like an older brother to me."

My heart dropped,I don't even know why but I expected her to say she liked me back.i really thought we had some sort of chemistry.