Chapter 154 - It's Going To Kill Us

Start from the beginning

"She needs you here with her. Nick, you have no idea what she's going through." Leroy says, making me let out a heavy sigh.

"She has no fucking idea what I'm going through!" I state. "You know how fucking hard it is for me to live with myself knowing that I was the reason Karla and Chris died?" I stand up. A few people in the shop turn to face us.

"Calm down, Nick." Olivia whispers.

"I was the one that used to encourage her and now....Now they're dead!" I shout. Olivia quickly holds onto my arms as she whispers for me to lower my voice. "What? Cat got your fucking tongue?" I shout. I hear Leroy walk around as he talks in a hushed tone. "Leroy!" I shout into the phone.

"Nick, I have to go." Leroy replys quickly.

"Go? Why the fuck do you have to go now when i'm talking about-" I start and get cut off.

"Tessa's car was found crashed into a tree." Leroy quickly speaks, making me heart drop. "The ambulance just found her and there was somone in the passenger seat." He talks quickly and ends up stumbling on a few words too.

"Is....Everything okay?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know." Leroy mumbles.

"What's wrong? What is it?" Olivia asks. My eyes scan her green ones as I listen to Leroy speak. "Nick?" Olivia steps foward just when Leroy hangs up the call. "What's happened?" She asks.

***

"You sure you're okay?" I ask Marshall's best friend, DeShaun.

"I'll be alright." He manages to speak even though I can tell he's in a lot of pain. I look up at his wife who's sitting besides him before I look back at him. "How's Tessa?" He asks.

"They said she's fine." I state. "They also told me that you...Put your arm infront of her and drove off the main road." I add. The doctors explained to me that Tessa ended up driving on the wrong side of the road. A truck was almost about to hit them before DeShaun took over the wheel and drove off the main road and into a tree.

"Did I? I don't remember." He sighs.

"Well Tessa does." I shrug. I look down at his broken arm before I stand up from my chair and pick up my coat. "You get some rest. I'll see you around." I say as I clap hands with his good hand that didn't get injured.

"For sure." Proof nods. I smile at his wife and son before I make my way towards the door. "Nick." Proof calls after me, making me turn to face him. "How long are you staying?" He asks.

"Not long." I state as I watch him sit up slightly.

"What? Like a week or so?" He asks.

"No. My flight is tomorrow morning." I say.

"You should stay with, Tessa." He says. "Cancel your flight-" He says, making me talk over him.

"Me and my wife are renewing our vows tomorrow. I can't stay." I talk over him.

"Kim and Marshall are getting married next week. Tessa's a mess." DeShaun says, making my heart ache a little for Tessa. How come no one mentioned this to me before? I clear my throat and push my emotions to the side.

"Well maybe that's for the best." I say before I walk out of the room.

Tessa's P.O.V:
"Five fucking weeks. Five fucking weeks you've been out of his house. This wasn't part of the contract. You were supposed to stay in his house." Nick hisses, making me roll my eyes before I look away from him. It's been 5 weeks since I moved out, what's their problem now? "What the fuck is wrong with you and Marshall? Do you want us all to fucking die?" He asks. "Cause if so, then just say yes. At least then I won't get a call from Leroy now and then telling me how you're going against the contract. At least then I won't have to leave my wife in New York so I can tell you off like a damn child!" He raises his voice slightly as he paces up and down infront of my hospital bed. "You need to move back in with Marshall." He nods, making me look at him quickly.