Ch. 52 - Accusations

En başından başla

She raised her eyebrows. “W-What?”

“Scooter called me a few minutes ago. He said the paternity test says I’m not the father.”

Katie’s eyes widened, her face going slightly pale. “W-What?” she repeated, gasping the words. “H-How? I don’t-.. understand..”

“Cut the crap, Katie. I want you to explain and I want an explanation right now.”

“I’m telling you, I don’t know how that could be,” she said. “I honestly thought… I just…”

“So there’s no one else you think could possibly be the father?” I scoffed. “Gimme a break. Before I met you, weren’t you some sort of lost cause?”

Katie narrowed her eyes at me, a look of hurt spreading across her features. “Lost cause?”

“You know… Going to every party, getting drunk or high all the time, screwing around with men—that sort of thing.”

“I..—”

“Sorry,” I sighed again. “I didn’t mean it like that. What I meant is that this could be some other guy’s baby you’re carrying around. You never know. Either way, Scooter wants you out. He thinks you played me—used me for your benefit. He doesn’t want you around us anymore.”

“Ha, I see,” Katie scoffed bitterly. “And haven’t you ever thought that Scooter could be lying to you?!” she yelled.

I stood up, approaching her again. “What do you mean he’s lying to me?”

“Well, maybe he just told you the test came out negative for your own benefit because he cares about your career’s well-being. Having a baby with me isn’t exactly good publicity, is it? And I don’t mind that he doesn’t give a shit about how I feel about all this because no one ever does. I’m used to this happening to me all fucking the time. I’m used to people putting me down like this and turning against me. And you know what? FINE. If you guys want me out, I’ll leave!” she shouted, tears streaming down her face. She stood up without a warning and grabbed her stuff, pushing past me towards the door. She turned the doorknob and paused, glancing at me one last time. “And I don’t give a fuck if you don’t care about the baby anymore, but I was gonna tell you I think Zoe’s a pretty name for her,” she said softly, a final tear escaping her eyes before she disappeared out the door.

I stood there frozen, looking at the front door where she had left as I tried ignoring this indescribable feeling inside my heart.

Zoe?

That’s a beautiful name..

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“You ready?” Tyler smirked, opening the back of the car vault and taking out a picnic basket, a blanket wrapped around the handle.