Chapter 14: Your Wooden Heart

Începe de la început

I was dressed in the same clothes as when I had woken up in the desert and I let out a sigh, removing my v-neck.

I sat on the ground, shuffling through the folded clothes. My head snapped up, however, when I heard some shuffling in the tunnel. In the next moment a head of blond hair poked out, looking around. When he saw me he blushed slightly, stuttering out why he was there. I didn't know why he was stuttering, really. Bandages covered everything important.

"S-sasori-danna t-told me to come t-tell you we'll be l-leaving in a half an hour, yeah." With that he turned around, scurrying back up the tunnel quickly.

I tilted my head to the side a little before going back to picking clothes. I didn't have a wide range seeing as I only bought two long-sleeved shirts and one jacket while I had been in the sand. With a sigh I pulled on the black v-neck which, like my tanktop, cut off at my stomach.

There were holes for thumbs on the sleeves so I put my thumbs through that before folding up my jacket and spare shirt to put in my weapons pouch. With that done I was completely packed, seeing as I always kept a few granola bars in my weapons pouch as well.

I stood, pulling on my Akatsuki cloak before climbing out of the tunnel, replacing my poster, putting a genjutsu trap on it and then dropped down to the living room floor.

I headed into the kitchen, grabbing a soda I had dubbed as 'Mount Dub'. The reason was simple: it was my substitution for Mountain Dew, seeing as the flavor was almost the same.

Anyway, I sat on the counter as I opened it, waiting for my two 'teammates' to hurry up.

By the time I finished they had both came into the living room so I threw the can away and walked over to them, stuffing my hands in my pants pockets seeing as I had my cloak unbuttoned.

"Ready, un?" Deidara asked. I simply nodded, pulling on the weird hat they had given me a few weeks ago. It reminded me of hats those Japanese farmers used to wear.

Sasori did a handsign, the door appearing in the wall. We walked out, having it disappear behind us. I smirked, looking around. I hadn't been outside since that time I had found Pain.

"Let's go." Sasori ordered. I turned away from the hill that we had exited from and put chakra to my feet, jumping up to a large tree branch as Sasori and Deidara did the same.

~~~~

'Finally.' I thought with a sigh. We had been traveling for four whole days with only two breaks for sleep. I sighed in annoyance, pulling out one of my granola bars, eating it quickly.

Deidara sent me an amused smile as we trudged through the snow. "Hungry, yeah?"

"Shuddup Dei-dei." I ordered, teeth chattering slightly. He frowned, his eyebrows furrowing.

"You're actually cold, un?"

"N-no shit." I muttered, wrapping my arms around my stomach. I had put on my jacket when I first saw the snow but finally closed the cloak and pulled my arms out of the sleeves when we started walking through it. I swear my toes were frozen.

"That's sad, hmm." Deidara chuckled. I glared at him, my eye twitching.

"W-well apparently, I w-was born i-in a DESERT, dipshit. I-I'm not m-meant for snowy c-conditions." I growled. He stopped his laughing and frowned at me.

"I'm not a dipshit, un." He retorted. I rolled my eyes.

"C-could've f-fooled me." I retorted. He grew an irk mark, about to retort when Sasori interrupted.

"Would you two shut up? You're grating at my ears." He growled. He had switched into traveling in a hunchback puppet awhile ago, for which I was grateful. I was tired of seeing his damned face.