Chapter 47 - Encounters

'Mom, dad! I'm home!' Brother said as we entered our house.

'Welcome home Shikamaru!' I heared mother's voice, but it was a sadder tone than the one I knew.

'Father?'

'He is in the garden as usual.'

'Can you call him in mom? I have something to tell you.' After his words I heared footsteps as mother left.

'What are you doing bro? Can I come out now to face them?' I whispered.

'Stay still! They are comming!' He said quietly. I heared the footsteps too, so I did just as he asked me to.

'What do you want Shikamaru?' That was father! I got an urge to leap out from behind brother and ran to him, but I held back. Suddenly, without a word, bro stepped away.

I found myself facing my parents, who seemed to be completely shocked. Tears ran down mum's face. Father stayed still, but his wide eyes revealed, that he is carried away by emotions too.

'Ichigo? Is this really you?' Mum asked.

'Yes mum. I'm back.' I said and put my hand behind my back shyly. She dashed and hugged me.

'We won't ask you what happened to you on your way, but you can tell us if you want.' I nodded.

'Thank you mom.'

'Otherwise, is it true, that you run away because of your cold hearted father?' She whispered in my ear.

'I felt like nobody is caring about me, but I can see now, that I was wrong.' I looked up to father. 'But father surely was one of my reasons.' I smiled as mother dashed at him like a fearsome wildcat and started to cop him.

'Women are so troublesome.' Shika sighed and rolled his eyes as he watched them.

'You have a point Shikamaru. Women can be troublesome sometimes.' Father said and we all laughed out loud.

'I should report Ichigo's return to the Hokage. See ya!' Shikamaru said and left.

'Father, can you play Shogi with me?' I suggested.

'You have just came back, but you want to play with me?' He raised an eyebrow. I nodded.

'And what made you come back Ichigo?' He asked during our game.

I turned down my head to the board. He was about to win, but I had a risky move which could break his defence. On the other hand, this was the point where I should tell him about Akira.

'During these years a lot things happened. I also have changed a lot.' I made my move on the board.

'So you jumped my defense line with your knight! It's a risky move you know.'

'There are situations in life, when you should take the risks to achieve something.' We continued the game.

'On my way I had very tough times so as happy ones.' With my next move I cornered his king. After father moved, I leant to him above the board.

'I remember.' I whispered into his ear. His eyes grew wide.

'Shikamaru gave you the symbol of the seal?' His voice was only a quite whisper.

'Yes he did, but it was only when I came back. Then I already knew.' His sweat dropped, when he heared my words. 'I met him.' I made my last move on the board and won the game.

'If your brother knows this, he won't be happy. ...' He wanted to say more, but I interrupted. It was a huge disrespect from me.

'They have already met each other.' I turned my head down. 'The fight will be at tomorrow noon at the training grounds.' I said while a tear run down on my face.

'I see. So they settled everything.' He nodded and stood up to leave. 'I suppose, that you broke the seal too, didn't you Ichigo?'

'Yes, I did.' I raised up my head and looked at father. 'I love them both! I don't want them to fight for me!' I was speaking passionately, tears running down on my cheeks. Around me, the shadows became thicker.

'Don't let your emotions get over you now Ichigo! Go and give them out! You should think clearly!' He turned away. 'Thanks for the game. You have gotten much better in it.'