Chapter 42 - Memories of the past

A little girl in a light purple dress playing on a field. Her hair is mid-lenght and black. She seems to be 6 years old or so. She is picking flowers, when a spiky black haired boy appears and calles her into the forest.

'Let's play Ichigo-sama!' He says and looks at her with his cheerfull, honey coloured eyes. The girl follows him.

~~~~~

The girl is playing with a wolf, that's fur is all white except a spot on it's head which is black. The girl is laughing with joy.

'Faster! Faster Akira!' She screams happily as she rides the wolf.

~~~~~

The girl was saved by the wolf several times.

~~~~~

Happy moments between the wolf and the girl and between the boy and the girl. Every memory has one thing in common:

The wolf and the boy can't be seen together.

~~~~~

The girl is older, about 8 years old. She is sitting on a rock, which is in the middle of a calm river. She is deep in her mind, but suddenly she speaks up.

'Tomorrow I will go to the ninja academy. Isn't that great, Akira-kun?' She smiles at the bare chestered boy, who is leaning to a tree at the egde of the forest.

'It's very good news Ichigo-sama.' He says, but turns his head down.

'What's the matter wolfy?' She walks to the boy.

'Your father decided.' He says with a tone cold like ice.

'Oh! And about what?'

'Ichigo-sama, I have to leave you. It's your father's order for your own good.' He looks straight into the girl's eyes.

'No! I won't let you! Don't leave me Akira-kun! I need you by my side!' She hugges the boy tightly.

'I know.' He hugges her back and starts to fondle her hair softly. 'I know, that this is hard for you Ichigo-sama, but your father has already settled everything.'

The girl looks up to the boy, her eyes filled with fear.

'How did he "settle everything"?' She asks.

'He put a seal on me. As we are destined together, the seal will have an effect on you too.' From his words, the girl starts crying. 'You will forget me very soon. I came here to say goodbye.'

They standed like this for a while, then Akira left Ichigo. The last thing she saw was the seal on the wolf demon boy's back, than she forgot him.

-----

As I woke up from my vision (memories?) and found myself on the bank of the river with Akira. He was covered in blood and I was laying on his lap.

'Akira-kun! You were...?' I whispered, tears filling my eye. He didn't let me finish my question.

'Yes, I'm here for you Ichigo-sama. I'm glad you remember me now.' He smiled, but not long after that, he changed to a formal tone. 'But I also understand, if you don't want to see me anymore after the things I have done.'

'Don't say this! You can't do anything which would make me hate you!'

'How can you say that Ichigo? I have just killed this man and I also killed the others in the village! I'm a monster!' He turned down his head.

'You are not! You killed this man to save us, right?' Akira nodded. 'On the other hand, I can't understand, how could you be the one who destroyed the village!'

'I did it... I did it because they wanted to keep me in the village, but I could sense that you need me. They made fun of me and comited mayhem on me too, so that I couldn't even move. I held back until then, but when I fainted, I couldn't force my wolf side back anymore. After then I can only remember you pulling out from under the beam and saving me.'

'But why didn't you tell me your secret to me then?'

'I couldn't! You didn't recognise me and I couldn't be familiar with the tought, that you you saved me, because it's my duty to save you!' As he looked at me, his eyes were filled with sadness and regret.

'You did everything right, wolfy!' He smiled, when he heared the nickname I gave him long ago. 'You have saved me thousand times, so it was my time to save you, my warrior.' I gradded his cheek and kissed him softly.

'Sorry to interupt, but can you explain what has just happened? Why did Akira transformed into a wolf? What happened to you Ichigo? And why the hell is Akira calling Ichigo "Ichigo-sama" and Ichigo calling Akira "wolfy"?' We heared Hanku's voice from near.

We both laughed out loud and kissed each other again.