Chapter 6 - Training with Shikamaru

Shikamaru had been waiting for me by the time I arrived.

'You are late Ichigo. By the way how was your first day as a genin?'

'It was fine. I'm in squad three, under Hayama-sensei.'

'And who are the other two members of the squad?

'Ashi-san from the Inuzuka clan and Hiroto-kun from the Hyuga clan's main branch.'

'Hm, interesting group.' He was thinking, when he looked up to the clouds.

'Yes, but we are here to train, bro!' I sparred into his shoulder. 'Can we start?'

'Of course. But don't rush into things!' He said and stood in front of me.

'The first thing you must know to control the shadows is to feel them.'

'Feel? But how can I feel a shadow?'

'Close your eyes and try to concentrate on your shadow.'

I closed my eyes and began concentrating. Shikamaru can do it so I will do it too! I was thinking about his amazing techniques with his shadows, when I heard him laughing.

'What happened Shikamaru? Why are you laughing?' I asked.

'You should slowly open your eyes now, but hold your concentration too.' He said while he was still laughing. When I opened my eyes. Nothing seemed to change.

'You don't notice any differences compared to our state before, do you?' He started.

'No, nothing changed.'

'You sure? Look down!' I did what he asked me to and my eyes grew wide.

'I-I did this?'

'Yes, that was you.'

His shadow was completely black and it looked like his right leg was wrapped around by it! When I took a closer look I realised, that my shadow had a thin grey line connecting it to my brother's shadow.

'What is this?' I asked him and relased the jutsu.

'You made a kind of shadow trap. I only asked you to concentrate on your shadow. What were you thinking about when you made this?'

'I tought that if you can do it, I can do it too. I also listed the techniques I have in mind.'

He smiled at me with honor.

'I have never seen this type befor tho. It is uniqe. This proves that you have talent to shadow manipulation. Good job sis!' He ruffled my hair a bit.

'Aaaaa! Get away from my hair! You are completely messing it up!' I exclaimed and gave my hair a smooth. He was smiling wide at me.

'I have to arrange some things in town. Will you tell mother that I'm staying out late?' He asked.

'Of course!' I replied instantly. 'But wait bro! You want to tell me that our training for today was only this?'

'I have said this before, hadn't I? Don't rush things like that! We now know that you have talent, but shadow techniques require a large amount of chakra and concentration, so you will surely have a head-ache tomorrow, as you have never done things like this before.'

'But I can't afford a head-ache tomorrow! It will be my first training day with my team!' I whimpered.

'You sure will be fine sis. Do your best tomorrow!' He started to walk away, but turned back for a moment. 'Let's meet tomorrow here at the same time! Bye Ichigo!' He didn't waited for my answer, just left.