Chapter 46 - Back to Konoha

'Long time no see Akira.' Shikamaru sighed. 'So you came back to my sister after these long years.' He turned to him, smiling. 'Good job wolf-boy!'

They shaked hands. The way they acted was like when a man faces a man. They respected each other! After the handshake, Shikamaru spoke up.

'You know, that I never had any problem with you Akira, but you know it just as I do, that we will have to fight each other as you came back.' He said, Akira nodded.

'What? Akira, you knew that?' I looked at him with a shocked expression.

'Yes, I knew it.' His tone was cold and serious. 'Sorry Ichigo-sama, but I have to defeat your brother in order to claim, that I'm able to protect you against anything in the word.'

'But we all know, that you can! Otherwise, I love both of you and don't want any of you to be hurt!' They were completely ignoring me!

'The fight's date is tomorrow noon. Be prepaired! I wont go easy on you!' Shikamaru changed to lazy punk tone.

'Can't we avoid this somehow?' I begged them.

'Sorry sis, but no. We will fight tomorrow noon at the training grounds.' He took a deep breath. 'Say goodbye to your wolf-boy for the night, than come home with me.' He said and left.

'Akira I don't want this!' I hugged him. 'Why can't you just come home with me to my family? It would be much more easier!'

'I can't go into Nara territories unless your clan accepts me as your pair. In order to reach that, I must fight Shikamaru even if he is my friend. It was your father's order back then. It was the condition which allowed me to have a way of returning to you.'

'I see. I'm sure you can defeat him my brave wolfy!' I kissed him gently. 'Good night!' I left him and met up with brother, who was waiting for me.

Time to see the others!

-----

'Tell me something Shikamaru! Did mother and father missed me?'

'Honestly?'

'I only accept your true words.' I nodded.

'Alright then.' He took a deep breath. 'Father said that he knew that this will happen and got over it, but it was only the outside. At nights he couldn't sleep well and always went to your room to see if you had come back.'

'But he never cared about me!'

'He is a snapper and a little bit harsh in your direction too, but in the inside he is strongly connected to his loved ones.' He looked up during his walk.

'And mom?' I asked, but I was nervous to hear the answer. If I caused so much pain to father, I can't imagine what had happened to mother.

'She got really angry. Especially at father, because of his coldness. She have been blaming him for losing you ever since and she makes a little comment every day which makes dad remember that."

I didn't wanted to hurt them! I tought that they were not caring for me! How stupid I was!

When we were very close to our house, Shikamaru spoke up.

'Can you go in behind me?'

'Why?' I looked at him, not understanding what he wanted.

'Just do it!'

'Alright, just as you wish.'

Along the years I became taller than before, but brother was still taller than me, so I could hide behind him easily.

'Are you ready sis?' He asked.

'Yes, let's go!' I said and we entered the house.