Chapter 3 (unedited)

Natasha's POV

Clint and I stayed behind the concrete wall, him occasionally chancing looks over at the teens. By the time the girl - who's name we had found out was Annabeth - had covered all the maths they would need, Percy had slipped into sleep. It didn't take long, but then he had mentioned earlier that he hadn't been sleeping well. Clint turned to me in surprise, having been watching the exchange as closely as possible. "She's lifted him in a fireman's carry," he exclaimed. " He must weigh at least 180 pounds, yet she doesn't seem to be struggling at all." There was a comfortable silence as Clint silently observed the apartment across from us. It was interrupted by the sound of the door unlocking over the comms - presumably one of Percy's parents was home. I nudged Clint, and got up to leave. "We don't need to stay any longer, Percy is asleep and Annabeth will probably be leaving soon. Let's get back to Tony, and tell him what we've found. I want to know more about these people."

"What do you mean the signal lead to two teenagers?" Tony asked, a look of confusion across his face. "These signals have been popping up all over the place, and these two teens must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. A coincidence." I understood where Tony was coming from, but he hadn't seen them, hadn't heard them. "Did you miss the part where we told you that the signal followed them back to his apartment, getting weaker till it finally disappeared when they were talking about the quadratic equation? It's not a coincidence, there's something going on with them that's linked to that signal. At least do the research on them, and maybe we can put a camera in the apartment too so that you can see what they're like."

"I'll do the research, but the listening bug is enough for now." With that Tony started barking out orders to JARVIS and waving his hands wildly at his holo-screens. I looked at Clint and we both snuck back to the couch Pepper had insisted be put into Tony's workshop - it would probably be a while before Tony was finished. However even as I finished thinking those words I heard a sound from Tony, who had frozen still to intensely read something on his screen. It wasn't long before he was moving again, but his movements were far more controlled now, as if he knew exactly what he was looking for. "Guy's," he called back, looking straight at the information rolling rapidly down the screen. "I've found something a little odd. Without any prompting, Tony immediately continued, starting to pace in front of his desk.

"So their full names are Perseus Jackson and Annabeth Chase, and neither of them should technically be in high school any more. They're both 19, but haven't attended school anywhere that I can find records of in years - Percy since he was 13, and Annabeth since she was 15. They cited their reason for attending school this year as to get their High school diploma's, and they somehow managed to enter straight into senior year. Now the bit that I'm confused about is that Annabeth's family don't live in New York. Her father, stepmother and step brothers all reside in Boston, Massachusetts. It seems that she is staying with a distant aunt in New York, in order to attend her last year of high school with her boyfriend. But it doesn't stop there."

Tony stopped pacing briefly to make eye contact with Clint and I. "I can't find any records saying who his father or her mother are. I can give you details down to the colour of his underwear about Percy's stepdad Paul Blofis, and the same goes for Annabeth's step mom, but there are literally no records on who their biological parents are. I agree that there is something strange going on with them, so I'll get one camera installed into their apartment, and we'll leave the listening bug for now. I think we might have to enlist the others to help trail them too." With that Tony turned around and walked further down the steps presumably looking for a discreet camera. I took this as my cue to leave, and so after a moments communication I headed to the training room, Clint right behind me.

After quickly stripping down to our training clothes, I entered the mat. Clint was hanging his bow up  so I started stretching a little. "Why do you think their parents aren't on file?" I asked Clint, as I did a side lunge, dropping all the way to the floor. I held the position for a few seconds before swapping to the other side, training my eyes on my partner.

"I'm not sure, 'tash. With Percy's mom it could be a one night stand, but surely Annabeth's dad would have to know who her mom was - unless she was abandoned on him. Either way, there are too many coincidences with those two. Not to mention how they got to know each other, and where they've been the last couple of years that they haven't been at school."

"I think we need to learn their routines, and follow them a bit longer. Once Tony has figured out how to get the camera into the apartment, we can watch from a distance, but for now I think we're going to have to be a bit more hands on."

Just as we had finished our warm up, and were about to start our hand to hand combat training, JARVIS interrupted our peace and quiet. "Agents Romanoff and Barton. Mr Stark requests your presence in his workshop. In his words ' there is some freaky shit going on.'" With no more than a quick glance at each other, Clint and I raced out of the training room to take the elevator down to Tony's workshop.

Third chapter done. It's a bit shitty - I'm not great at female POV's plus my marvel knowledge is more limited than my PJO knowledge. It's also a bit of a filler because I wanted to introduce more of the avengers, and explain a bit of my plot with the current pjo characters (as I'm trying my best to set everything after Blood of Olympus, whilst also not having Percy and Annabeth being too young.) Bare with, I'll probably make some changes once I've written the entire fic

Finished (10/04/2018)      Edited (  /  /  )