°•° chapter 16 °•°

Pain. My whole body is aching from the beating I received from the vile woman while the man is simply watching us with a blank look in his face. I remembered when I first scream with an agony that's the time I saw a change of expression in the man's face. At first, I didn't give them the satisfaction in hearing my screams but after the nth time that they repeatedly whipped me, my body gave out and I was screaming with all my might.

"How I wish your parents are here right now watching you scream for dear life. I want to see their faces as I do this (whip!) and this (whip!) and what more if I do this to you." The vile woman went to the fireplace and pick up a fire poker that has been in it for too long that the end is blazing and scorchingly hot.

"Please, don't do this! I never did anything to you or to anyone for you to do this to me!" My voice came as a whisper because of the screaming that I did and the lack of water in my system.

"You have or haven't done anything but one thing is for sure, the blood that runs through your body is enough for me to do this to you! They deserve this! You deserve this!" With that, she came closer with the fire poker and the next thing I know a searing pain came all over me. Pain unimaginable that I lost consciousness after I screamed with all my might.

"Kane! Kane! Alpha!  What the hell man, your screams woke us up. Is your nightmare that horrible that you scream your lungs out? Wait, is that tears in your eyes?"

Huh? What is going on? Why is Loki-

'Kane, you had a terrible nightmare.' Calum told me as roam my eyes at Loki who is beside my bed and the warriors that stand outside my door with a tense expression in their gait.

"A horrible nightmare indeed. You may all leave now, I'm fine." With that, the warriors relaxed and went to do their businesses. Meanwhile, Loki is still doubtful and was still looking at me.

"Spill. What exactly happened?" Loki is my beta but before that, he is my brother first.

"It was horrible. I was in immense pain...A woman whipped me so many times that I must have passed out from the pain but after that I found myself talking again amidst the pain and the woman grab a fire poker and... Its as if she's branding me like a horse... She's talking about something but I don't know what- I can't understand anything she said." I grab my hair in frustration and a hand pat my shoulder.

"I don't know what to say but the woman, do you know her or have seen her?"

"No. I've never seen her before..wait!" I stopped as Calum cut my train of thought. 'Maybe it's not our nightmare but our mates'

"NO! No! Please don't - Dear Goddess!" I yelled at the frustration and Loki looked at me worriedly.

"What is it, Kane?  I can't help you if you won't tell me anything. Remember  that I'm  always here re-"

"Loki! Calum said that it might be from my mate! What if she's in danger right now or what if she had suffered those... those... horrible things!" Anguish and horror came to me as the nightmare played in my mind again. "What if there is more?" Rage filled me up and the next thing I knew, Loki is restraining me as Calum is on the verge of taking over.

"Calm the fuck down Kane! It is not the time to lose your head to anger. The best thing to do right now is to look for her and confirm your suspicion." Loki is right but the anger is still strong that Calum is slipping in my consciousness.

"Don't yell at me you pup! I'm your Alpha! Get your hands off me before I tear your limbs apart!" Calum snarl at him and I willed myself to calm down so that I can take over again.

"I know you're my Alpha that's why I'm doing this to you. Give back Kane first so that we can talk this out thoroughly. The more we argue, the less time we'll find your mate." After a minute or two, when I was calm enough and I was in control, Loki let go of me.

"I'm sorry man. You kn-"

"I understand. I know that if the position is reversed, you'll be doing it for me too. Now, you said that it might be from your mate right? Well for me, I guess you are right but maybe you are also wrong. Hear me first before you complain.." He cut me out when I was about to say something. I nod my head telling him to continue.

"You are right because maybe it triggered when you almost met her yesterday. As far as I know, you never had a nightmare this intense and when you do have nightmares, you just shrugged your shoulders as if nothing happened." Loki knows me so well that I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe you are wrong and just imagining things because you're stressing out with finding your mate and for our mission here in this place." He sat at the couch in front of me and wait for my reply.

"You have a point man but I know deep down in my bones that what Calum said is true. I know that something happened to my mate and the best way of finding it out is looking for her immediately. Gather the warriors in the living room as I will give out a new mission." With that, Loki stands up and went outside.

'Calum, I know that you are frustrated because we didn't find our mate yesterday but we know that she's here and in no time, we'll meet her and be with her soon. Just keep your cool and let me handle the situation first.' I just heard him growl in my head as a sign of being impatient.

I went to the living room and found all of them are ready to accept my new mission.
"To tell you the truth, yesterday as we are walking back from our assigned location, I smell my mate." The warriors cheer with happiness but I cut them short with a raised hand.

"I looked for her but I didn't find her. I know it's her because Calum acknowledges her wolf which means that she is near. The problem is I didn't find her."

"Then let us look for her Alpha!" Nolan, one of the warriors shout with conviction.

"Yes I'm planning to but there's more, the worst problem is I have a nightmare which some of you witnessed earlier that may be connected with your Luna. I think she is in danger or she had been in danger at one point." A growl erupted from some of the warriors and I know that immediately they respected and loved their Luna even though they haven't met her yet.

"Okay, guys here's the plan. Yesterday you ate assigned with an area right? Continue with the plan although there's a slight change. I and Loki will look for your Luna at the same time we'll continue to gather information for our mission. Am I clear?" They all nod their heads and went to their respective areas.

"So where would we begin?" Loki is looking at the map and putting pins of different colors symbolizing the location of each warrior.

"Downtown then we'll head eastward for the houses but we must stay hidden for prying eyes. Let's go I hope that we might also find your mate on the way."

I'm coming for you my queen and when I find you I will never let you go again!