°•° chapter 10 °•°

Monday. Meaning, school.

I woke up with my usual dose of nightmares/memories and those flashbacks are not new to me. Its as if I'm numb to the point that I know that when I closed my eyes, the nightmares will follow.

What I said to Wyn that I looked like a walking panda is true. There was a permanent black rim under my eyes and even though I'm not lacking in sleep, still the nightmares grabbed my energy to the lowest. Good thing Nancy and Ethan is there and I'm looking forward to going to school because of Catiana, my new friend. Its as if my wolf has taken the position as her bodyguard/protector from the bullies.

This morning, my new bag is hanging from my back and I was in the car with Nancy and Ethan. They want to drive me to school as if I'm a child attending it for the first time.

"Okay. School is great- meeting new friends and all, new-" I cut off Ethan's grumbling by a laugh.

"I get it, dad!" He must have been shocked by me calling him dad because his eyes grew wide and for a moment there his eyes became glassy. But as we planned, I'm supposed to be their adopted daughter so I must call them dad and mom to avoid suspicion. I looked at Nancy and she too had glassy eyes.

"O-kaayyy! I guess I'll see you at home. Bye guys!" Before they said anything, I exited the car and walked straight to the entrance of the school. I didn't make eye contact as stares went in my direction. I must have an invisible 'new student' sign in my forehead as all eyes are on me. It makes me squirm a little but I ignore them all.

I looked for signs for the admin's office and luckily I easily found it in where I think it should be located. I got my schedules, locker number and passcode and school map from a middle-aged lady. She welcomed me in school and pointed me to the locker section of the school.

I have ten minutes to spare before my first class so I take my time in looking for my locker. When I found it, I dialed the passcode and with a small click, it opened. Inside my locker are my books and pamphlets about different school clubs or organizations that I might want to be interested in.

When I was arranging my books and other school stuff in my locker I heard a loud bang coming from my right side. I peeked at my locker door and I saw Ninette and her minions arguing. Ninette must have been the one who shut her locker forcefully with a bang.

"Don't remind me of her! The bitch is siding with the nerd, so what! Ugh! The ugly bitch will get what she wants if she crossed me one more time!" With that said they all march away in the other direction. 'Twenty bucks she's talking about us and Catiana.' Were Wyn's preppy voice and I know she's smirking inside my head. 'I guess so but who knows maybe some other bitch and nerd she's talking about?' I snorted and then choose my books for the next two subjects and went to the direction of my first class.

When I entered my first class, I went directly to the back of the room near the window. I never made any eye contact and sit at the farthest seat which is beside the window.

"H-hi!" A small voice said to me from the seat in front of me. I looked at the owner and I came face to face with a shy Catiana.

"Yanah! Thank goddess we're in the same class. Come here sit beside me." I stand up and I let her sat in the chair I vacated then sit next to her. The position put her farthest away from anyone in our row and if someone is coming to her, they get to me first.

"I thought you won't talk to me because you never look at my direction." She smiles shyly not looking at my eyes.

"Well good thing you talk to me first. I was just frustrated at the stares I'm getting from everyone. Do I look like a new student here? Am I that obvious?" I asked her dramatically which earned a small smile from her.

"I was hesitant you know- talking to you I mean. All of us know everyone so we know who's new or not. The fact that 3/4 of the school population are werewolves like us adds to the obvious reason that you are new. News traveled fast here when someone is new to the pack. They must have been curious about you." Her voice is somewhat louder now so I guess we pass the first phase of this budding friendship.

"I guess so, that's why I never looked anyone in the eye so that they get bored easily and continue with their lives." I smiled at her and she nods back.

"Can we hang out after school?" I asked her and for a second I thought that she'll decline but she nods her head eagerly. The teacher came to the room and greet all the students.

Two classes over, the school bell rang signaling that it is lunchtime. Yanah and I have the same two classes but after lunchtime, we have different classes. Yanah told me that she didn't eat in the canteen and was mostly in the library eating her lunch and reading a book. I shrugged my shoulder and follow her, anyway I hate crowds and mostly I want to be low key so that no one can recognize me if ever.

The librarian just looked at us when we passed her table and we just ignore her. We went further inside the library and we sat at one of the tables in the Poetry section.

"So, you know everyone in this pack?" I asked Yanah with a start.

"Yup. Although I came to the pack when I was 7, still its as if I've known them all my life." I nod my head and asked a more serious question. "Have you found your mate yet?" Her cheeks went crimson and she shook her head slowly.

"Not yet. I just wished that he will accept a weakling like me. I am fearing the whole time that when he saw me, he'll reject me right away." She said dejectedly and I instantly wrap my hand in her now sweaty hand.

"Hey, don't think anything like that. If what they said is true, your mate is someone who will love you unconditionally with or without flaws. And don't think of yourself as a weakling. Instead, if you feel like one, would you want to become stronger?" I asked her and hopefully, she'll agree with my idea. 'Paris, that's a good idea. Let's tell Ethan that starting tomorrow, Yanah will be joining our training.' In the back of my mind, I know Wyn is nodding her head happily.

"I gu-guess so. It's just that I hate training with the pack, they looked at me with pity and sadness that before I even start the training, I lose interest in it and wished that I'm at my room reading." She said shyly and with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Would you want to be my training buddy? Just you, me and Ethan- I mead dad?" She looked at me with shock in her eyes and again I saw her eyes became glassy.

"Re-really? Did- did you mean it?" A lone tear escaped her eye.

"Of course. From now on, we will train hard and we will let them see that we are strong!" She surprised me by standing in her chair and went to me in a fierce hug. I guess we now have a training buddy. Should I tell her about me?